Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
PierreC

Question De Winterizing 325SRX

Hi All,

I have just purchased a new 2011 325SRX and was wondering about the steps to de-winterize the unit. More specifically...location of the bypass switch(es) for the Hot Water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newbie RVer.
PierreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you do a Google search ("dewinterizing an RV" or similar) you can find a number of sites and information regarding this process. There should also be a section in your Keystone Owner's Manual on winterization and de-winterization. Keystone owner's manuals, by the way, are generic --- you can't find one that is specific to your 325SRX.
Not exactly sure where your bypass valve(s) are located, but on our unit, it is right in front of the back of the tank - if that makes sense. I have to remove a panel to access the bypass. When I remove the panel, I am looking at the back of the tank - the bypass valve is there.
And welcome to the forum!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Outbackmel

By Pass

I have a 2011 Outback and it's where Festus says his is. Remove the panel that leads to the rear of the HW heater and bingo, should be right there. Mine was hard to see as it blends in well with the other plastic "stuff"....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreC View Post
Hi All,

I have just purchased a new 2011 325SRX and was wondering about the steps to de-winterize the unit. More specifically...location of the bypass switch(es) for the Hot Water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newbie RVer.
Both JJE1960 and I have a 2011 325srx. So feel free to ask away...

The bypass for the hot water heater is behind the panelling in the basement storage. Remove the angled panel which is behind the city water, outside shower etc etc. Once that's off you will see the hot water tank which is encased in styrofoam. Just in front you will see a valve that's the bypass.

Once opened, you can begin the de-winterizing.. I am sure the dealer you bought provided a good checklist but if not just hook to city water and run each piece of plumbing for a while until you are satisfied it's flushed...

For that panel it was a pain removing so I took it off and cut a nice clean access hole in it about 12x12. That way my winterizing kit is easy to access and so is the bypass valve. Plus the opening is small enough and off the ground nothing in my basement would fall in...

Hope that helps!

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Maxzd

Here is a picture of all panelling off in the basement of a 325srx. Sorry i dont have a better picture will post one later. This was from my bedroom vent upgrade. You can see where I installed the winterizing valve before the water pump. That's the brass valve. Worth installing Very cheap and makes winterizing a snap. If you look at the far right you will see the bypass valve for the hot water tank. There is a t fitting then a short pipe and then the valve. About an inch and a half long right off the hot water tank.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote