Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
westcoaststrokin

Electric Stabilizers will not work

It is a 2011 303TG. They have worked once. They will not extend or retract. There isn't any power to the switches. Is there a fuse somewhere that I am missing? All fuses in the converter are fine. It is a live with it problem since we have had the trailer since June of last year. I can take it in for service but if it is something easy I would rather just fix it myself. I am a do it yourself kind of person.
westcoaststrokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Handysam

This is becoming a more common problem. If you do a search here, there are several posts with different fixes, and yes its probably a fuse, I believe there are also in line fuses on some of the models that went bad. I think one person had a bad switch also.Good Luck, Sam
Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
westcoaststrokin

I am a mod on a site that is powered by vBulletin and our search engine sucks. Does the one here work better? I am all for searching to find my answer.

If there is a fuse I haven't found it. Both the front and rear don't work so I have ruled out the switch and the motors. I chase electrical problems in the Navy so I have done a lot of the basic stuff already.

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3149806_n.jpg

Tow Rig: 2004 F350 6.0 CC SB DRW.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Handysam

Yes the search engine works pretty good. If I recall right there is a in line fuse to the motor thats not easy to find, you will have to do a chase. Do you have a remote control? One member found that his still worked with the remote. Sam
Old 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
westcoaststrokin

No I don't have a remote. When I upgrade to the 5er I will have all of that stuff.

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3149806_n.jpg

Tow Rig: 2004 F350 6.0 CC SB DRW.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

westcoaststrokin:

I have had to replace the fuse on our unit; and, after much searching, finally found it in the wiring harness coil about 12 inches or so away from the battery's pos terminal. Your wiring might be different but it might be worth checking out.
I would have to agree with Handysam's evaluation of this forum's Search feature. There haven't been any negative comments about it and those who have used it seem to find it effective.