Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
FULL-THROTTLE

Ac problems

Should I post ac problems here?
FULL-THROTTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #2
GHen

Here would work.
GHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #3
FULL-THROTTLE

Ac problems

I just had a 2021 Furrion roof top ac unit model FACT11MA-PS (it is all manual control with rotary knobs) and it has never really worked. The fan works fine on all settings but in ac mode on any setting the compressor will turn on initially for approx 30 seconds, the air starts getting cold then the compressor turns off and the blowing air is room temp again. Every 3-5 minutes it will repeat this cycle. It has been back to the RV dealership that installed it twice, very competent maint dept, on the 2nd return he mentioned the thermostat (copper lead) was rerouted?? Yet still no help. We are about to have the unit returned, but I thought I would reach out to some fellow campers to see If you may have any ideas.

Fran
Old 06-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #4
West99

AC problems

I'm really looking forward to finding out what the problem was.. Our brand new (bought 2 weeks ago) is doing the exact same thing! We hauled it 20 miles last night, set up and no AC. We had to return home because it was 91 yesterday!
West99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
LHaven

It's tempting at first glance to hang this one on the thermistor, but if the thermistor was bad, the A/C compressor wouldn't ever be turning on in the first place. My best guess is the central control board.

I'd hazard a better guess if I had the model number of your A/C, but what you provided was the model number for the enclosure box.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
It's tempting at first glance to hang this one on the thermistor, but if the thermistor was bad, the A/C compressor wouldn't ever be turning on in the first place. My best guess is the central control board.

I'd hazard a better guess if I had the model number of your A/C, but what you provided was the model number for the enclosure box.

Out of curiosity, is the gizmo that connects to the bottom and sit up in the coils above to sense temperature called a "thermistor" like the one in the fridge? Never heard it called that and it doesn't come up in conversation often... again, just curious.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #7
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Out of curiosity, is the gizmo that connects to the bottom and sit up in the coils above to sense temperature called a "thermistor" like the one in the fridge? Never heard it called that and it doesn't come up in conversation often... again, just curious.
A thermistor is a resistor whose resistance varies with temperature. Usually, they are found inside a thermostat, so people don't often talk about them separately. In an RV where the environmental controls are an inCommand display instead of a conventional thermostat, you will find a standalone thermistor mounted somewhere in your rig about halfway up on the wall. However, the function of the one we typically care about is to measure the temperature of the room, not to measure anything up inside the air conditioner.

And, as you mentioned, there is one inside your fridge as well.

I added two photos. In an inCommand rig, this is what it looks like, dressed and naked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8390.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	34053   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5340.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	34054  
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:00 AM   #8
FULL-THROTTLE

Solved

I found a youtube video of a guy with the same problem and his correct (not a hack) fix. If you remove the interior plastic covers you are left with the air intake and ac air output and the two rotary knobs. I removed the plastic knob support assembly and then opened it so I had access to the temperature rotary knob Assy. On the rectangle plastic case the knob is in, you will find a small Phillips screw head, this is the adjustment for the internal temp switch. On mine i rotated it ccw 1/4 turn at a time until I was happy with the setting on the coldest temp setting. I had to turn mine 3/4 of a turn and it probably will cool down to 66 deg.

I will try to post a pic.

Best of luck.

Fran
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F896F5D3-0A47-4469-8A0C-2111DC87DB9B.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	34066  
Old 06-14-2021, 06:01 AM   #9
FULL-THROTTLE

Pic

In the picture you can see the adjustment screw on the bottom of the rotary knob assembly.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #10
CBRV

Not sure if this is relevant, but we had a similar problem with our 3 week old 2022 Cougar 22MLS with iN-Command. All systems were supposedly tested before the TT left the dealership, but we got to our maiden voyage campground and had troubles.
First the fan turned on by itself when we plugged into shore power and would not shut off - all day. Heat did not work. AC did not work. The thermistor reading said -Fdegrees, with no numeric reading.
Called ASA for troubleshooting, and after resetting the entire electrical system twice, ASA diagnosed a probable missing End Of Line (EOL) resistor. We also had later problems being unable to raise the electronic stabilizers, which we'd put down via iN-Command. We had to raise them manually.
Attached is the information ASA sent us.

https://asasupportdocs.blob.core.win...inal%20(1).pdf

https://asasupportdocs.blob.core.win...3%20NCSP35.pdf
CBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:26 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRV View Post
Attached is the information ASA sent us.
"Turn off the A/C, remove the return air grill, and locate the Gateway (See Figure 2)"

Really? Because all the literature I have seen has the gateway located under the front of the rooftop shell, not inside the rig. Maybe they moved it in 2021...