Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
W7PSK

Front Landing Gear foot disappeared

on the way to the park. Ive got it setting on a solid 4x4 in the middle.
Is it safe for the next few days? I see Square marks on the 4x4 like it was already sitting on it.

This trailer is begging to bug me.
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:31 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

You will be okay. Only thing is to make sure what brand of leg it is as not all jack pads are created equal. Lippert auto level legs are different than the rest of the industry.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
W7PSK

Its an older lippert (My rigs a 2008), has the rectangle foot pad.
Im hoping the RV Parts store near us has one. Its a very small town on the coast.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:45 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

IIRC you want to measure from the bottom of the leg to the mounting hole. The leg should be square. I only found out about the difference when I was trying to get a new unit prepped for sale and the pad was all bent.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #5
dutchmensport

Shortly after purchasing our Montana High Country Fifth wheel, I lost one of the rear jack pads. I had no choice but to use the jack without the foot. It worked perfectly fine without it.

Considering we were over 500 miles from home, I originally called my dealership back home, and they suggested contacting a local dealership where we were to see if they had a replacement. I did, and they did not, but could order one that would take 2 weeks. That would not work for us, as we'd be back home by then.

I went ahead and called my dealership back home again and they did not have in-stock either, so I had them order one for me. When we returned back home, after about 4 or 5 weeks from loosing the pad, I had my replacement. It cost me over $50 for that jack pad.

It was then I decided whenever the trailer was on the road, ALL the jack pads would be removed. Yes it takes a few extra minutes to go around and remove them and then it takes time to put them all back on again once at our destination, and then traveling from park to park and finally back home. BUT! I've never lost another one doing this. And I'm certainly not running the risk of shelling out another $50 for another replacement.

Sometimes at rest stops, or when setting up camp, or even parking lots, someone will come up to me and ask about my missing jack pads. After I explain what happened and how much they cost to replace, they just give me an "Oh!" and move on.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 AM   #6
W7PSK

Club member stopped by RV parts store before coming down the next day and brought me a foot and a pin. Took about 10 minutes to put it on. But it works fine.

Ordered a new one for the other side just to be safe.

Tags
landing gear