Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2021, 08:08 AM   #1
spade117

Radio Center Issue

This past weekend, upon arrival to destination, I tried to turn on the radio with no luck.

Was on shore power, the clock was on, but when I pushed the power on button, nothing happened. Pressed all the different settings buttons on the face, no change. Ended up using a small Bluetooth speaker for the remainder of the trip, so not a major issue.

After getting back home (on shore power), tried again, but no difference. I remembered that there was a remote control, but that did not change the outcome, although the battery in the remote could need replacing (have rarely used it).

My initial thought is a failure on the inside to whatever the power button is supposed to depress when it is pressed. I did not see a logical way to remove the faceplate.

Not positive (not home currently), but I believe it is a furrion brand, not exactly sure on the model.

Any ideas?
Old 06-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade117 View Post
This past weekend, upon arrival to destination, I tried to turn on the radio with no luck.

Was on shore power, the clock was on, but when I pushed the power on button, nothing happened. Pressed all the different settings buttons on the face, no change. Ended up using a small Bluetooth speaker for the remainder of the trip, so not a major issue.

After getting back home (on shore power), tried again, but no difference. I remembered that there was a remote control, but that did not change the outcome, although the battery in the remote could need replacing (have rarely used it).

My initial thought is a failure on the inside to whatever the power button is supposed to depress when it is pressed. I did not see a logical way to remove the faceplate.

Not positive (not home currently), but I believe it is a furrion brand, not exactly sure on the model.

Any ideas?
I spent an hour trying to play some CDs when working on my camper a couple weeks ago. Granted, I have an archaic stereo but there is a "DEMO" button. Pushing this button causes NOTHING to work but a message rolls across the display touting all the features. Finally figured out that if this button wasn't in demo mode the CD player and radio worked fine.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade117 View Post

Any ideas?
You might have a blown fuse.. there is usually two separate power wires for 12 volt radios. One is for the radio itself and one is for the clock so it doesn’t lose stations and clock settings when ignition is turned off.. maybe look for a separate fuse
Old 06-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
BigBobIa

Mine had a reset button. Tiny like the end of a paperclip [emoji420]. Poking that let me power mine on.

Sold that TT so no pictures.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Found a video of a 2018 and it showed the receiver; singe DIN with those half moon circles on each side. I've owned one (double DIN) that had the half circles and it was a Jensen. Finally found another video; it's of a 2017 but the receiver is the same as the 2018. He identifies it as a Jensen at the 10:12 mark;

On mine there were screws (small) in each of the corners you had to remove to pull the unit out. On this one you can't tell but you may have to sort of "pry" that faceplate off (snap in place?) to get to the screws. Pull it out and see if you don't have a fuse(s) behind it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #6
spade117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobIa View Post
Mine had a reset button. Tiny like the end of a paperclip [emoji420]. Poking that let me power mine on.

Sold that TT so no pictures.
^ That was the ticket. Thank You.

I did confirm it is a Furrion. Pic attached in case this happens to anyone else. The reset is in the lower left corner. I used the tool that allows you to remove the sim card from a phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	furrion2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	34009  
Old 06-10-2021, 12:08 PM   #7
LHaven

Depending on the controls available on your model, it's quite possible that you just had both pairs of speakers deselected. Hitting the reset button probably would have reset that to default. Check it out.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
JDDilly

Be careful setting the speaker zones. On one trip, we had the radio playing on all zones during the day. That evening we decided to watch a movie. After about an hour in, around 10:30, our next door camper (who was a friend) came over and said, "you are playing your movie on the outside speaker". We got a laugh out of it. Could be embarrassing depending one the movie!!

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:28 AM   #9
spade117

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Depending on the controls available on your model, it's quite possible that you just had both pairs of speakers deselected. Hitting the reset button probably would have reset that to default. Check it out.
This model has the turn knob above the shelve with 3 options (inside, both, outside).

Tags
radio