Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2021, 04:44 AM   #1
Stevensmith2859

Nothing but issues with my outback 301UBH

I am just so disappointed with the workmanship and lack of quality on my 2020 Outback 301UBH. June 20th will be one year since I've picked it up and its going back to the dealership yet again! I'm just seriously kicking myself for switching to a keystone from a Forest River product.

Its going back THIS time for a new refrigerator door because the door from the factory doesn't seal right so it ices up terribly, the two bedroom windows and main rear bunkhouse windows are STILL leaking. The interior speakers are static/cut on and off. I have to have the front compartments sealed as the holes they cut in the fiberglass are too big so they get rain in them going down the road. The same goes for the windows, its literally like the holes are too big for the windows and the factory said, meh, close enough. Even the outside outlet cover wasn't installed right, the door on it flew off going down the road.

Other issues that have been repaired so far include:

1) Resealing the back bedroom door, you could see daylight around the frame, once again the hole cut in the fiberglass was bigger than the door.
2) Numerous issues on the roof where they forgot to put sealant, etc. remedied by the dealership.
3) Repaired toilet as it was leaking
4) Repaired shower as it was leaking.
5) I've personally had to reattach pieces on molding all over the camper.
6) Shade valence in master bedroom came off wall when driving down the road.

While many will say, this stuff is cosmetic and I should get over myself, you may be right, with the exception of all of the leaks this thing has. This was not a cheap trailer at all and while my dealership has been great they are now telling me I should try to reach out to the factory because these items are becoming bigger issues.

Oh and one more thing, Ill have to take a photo, but the slide out tire skirt doesn't even line up with the tires, this is just poor quality. I didn't pick this up because when we did our walk through, the slide was out. The dealership said this can be fixed but would require ordering new tin, etc from the factory and the factory wouldn't probably approve it because its "cosmetic".

Also, this is my first aluminum stud trailer, but it seems like there shouldn't be condensation on the inner walls of the camper where the studs are when its cold outside, maybe I'm wrong and this is normal.

My biggest fear is that I am going to have a camper that is 3 years old and rotted to hell because the factory just pushed it out.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
Wohnmobil

I don’t have an Outback and haven’t experienced any of these issues with my Cougar, but it sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot of failures on your coach. It is disappointing when you pay as much money as these cost. I wonder if by enlarging the holes for doors and windows, installing lighter weight and quality products (which all reduces weight) that is one way the manufacturer makes these Light Weight trailers. Obviously, the quality is going to suffer when you install substandard equipment.

2020 Chevrolet 2500HD LT/Z71 4X4 6.6L Gasser CC
2021 Cougar Half-Ton 22RDS
Husky CenterLine TS
Wohnmobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:21 AM   #3
Stevensmith2859

Thats the issue, even though its an "ultra light" the dry weight on it is still about 7,100 lbs. It just seems like the issues its having all relate to sloppy and poor workmanship. That's what makes it the most upsetting.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #4
Big 417

I don't think it makes a difference what brand you buy, or how much you pay, unfortunately. We paid well over $100k for our unit, and it has the same quirks. The fridge door, that's not a keystone issue. Things like missing sealant and poorly installed 3rd party components, yeah we can put that on a keystone employee having a bad day.

And yes, a little more care when it comes to making sure the Brad/stapler depth is set right would give the trim pieces a better chance of staying where they belong. I apply some liquid nails to problem pieces and problem solved.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #5
Stevensmith2859

As a follow up to this and A kudos to Keystone.....They are replacing my entire fridge as even the replacement door didn't do anything so my dealership thinks it is an issue on the actual frame of the fridge. All of the windows have been resealed and keystone sent the dealership all new metal so that they can actually hang the fender skirt on the drivers side properly. While inconvenient, I would be a raging ******* if I complained about being inconvenienced because they are making it right!

2020 Nights Camped: 18
2021 Nights Camped: 31
2022 Nights Camped (So Far) :27 with 6 more on the books!

Tags
outback