Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2016, 01:03 AM   #1
lawdog130

Thank you Diamond RV!

I was camping 4 miles away from our dealer in central MA and was having a problem with my Dometic air conditioner not cooling properly. I went to them for advise and they told me there was nothing they could do as I was out of my Keystone 1 year warranty.

When I returned to western MA I went to Diamond RV. They agreed to check out my camper and the service department diagnosed the problem within 15 minutes. They determined that that the entire AC unit needed to be replaced as there was a problem with the compressor. Expecting to shell out hundreds of $$ on a new unit I was pleasantly surprised when I was told it was covered as Dometic has a 2 YR warranty.

Thank you Dometic and Diamond RV!

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
lawdog130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:04 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Glad that you had a successful outcome from the local dealership. I'd urge you to contact the owner (not service manager) at your purchasing dealership in central MA and give him all the facts surrounding what happened. Urge (maybe even insist) that he resolve the issue and let him know how you feel about being "shuffled away" when it's obvious you were still under manufacturer's warranty. This kind of situation should never occur, especially with the selling dealership who knows exactly when your RV is covered and not covered by the warranties from the various component manufacturers.

Thanks for reporting your successful outcome and for the "good work" done by Diamond RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:18 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Really glad you got your AC fixed under warranty. Too bad that it took 2 dealers to make this happen. I totally agree with JRTJH, talk to the owner/manager of the dealer you bought from. Many times things don't change because the things that need improvement are never reported. Happy Trails!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #4
kfxgreenie

Glad you had a successful outcome at your local dealer. I urge you to say thanks in some sort of way to the people that really helped you, your local dealer. Get them a gift certificate to a local pizza place for lunch or something alike, they'll appreciate it and next time you need a new RV, remember who treated you right. Growing a friendly relationship with your local dealer will go a long way in how your future experiences will be. Forget about the central MA dealer there is a good possibility all you will do is waste your time and raise your blood pressure, and just remember who helped you the next time you're going to spend your hard earned $.
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #5
SAABDOCTOR

We bought our montana from them. I have nothing but praise for them great dealer.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #6
Dave W

Diamond RV, West Hatfield, MA (I-91/US5) is the only RV dealer I have been completely happy working with - and where we bought our '14 Montana HC, trading our '06 Titanium on what we still consider a very fair deal. I'm pleased that others are happy as well. If I had any complaint, it would be that 18" diameter dealer sticker on the back panel that was a bear to remove
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #7
cw3jason

I too bought and have been working with Diamond RV. I am very happy with their Service and sales departments. My rig will be going back to the factory for a side wall crack. They pushed very hard for this and were successful. It really makes a difference to have a dealer stand behind the products they sell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
hdxbonez

Another thumbs up for Diamond RV. We bougnt our Cougar from them early last year, and their entire team has been nothing less than fantastic!