Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #1
Shiptime

Cost of sliding glass doors

Coming home from our last trip we discovered that 2 of the 3 panel sliding glass doors on our shower were all of the floor. Since we knew that the panels were locked down it looked like the shower head came off and hit the panels. What is the cost to replace? Is it something that dealers or Keystone have in stock and can be easily replaced? thanks, Ken
Shiptime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

In stock, probably not. Almost all such parts are special order only. You might "luck out" and find a dealer with one that was ordered for another customer and not picked up, but very unlikely.

The complete door assembly (tracks and glass) is available at Trekwood, a RV dealership that markets replacement parts for several RV brands. There are two different size doors, one is $450 the other is $468. Shipping costs are added to that, so the door would be well over $500 delivered to your home.

Your dealership or an independent glass company can order "just the glass" if you have all of the attachment parts.

Here's the link to the Trekwood site: https://www.trekwood.com/parts-searc...23+%2F+Keyword

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
gearhead

Happened to us. I don't think it was the shower head. Either the little 10cent door latch failed or my 10cent brain failed to latch it. I used our local glass company. They ordered the glass and replaced it. It's been a few years but I think it was around $330. I think it was for 2 of the 3 doors. In retrospect I would ask about replacing all the doors with plastic or plexiglass. After the initial repair I used spring loaded adjustable curtain rods in the bottom tracks, supplemented by a length of 90 degree wooden corner trim, about 1"X1". You would think the shower doors would be one place for Keystone to go cheap and light. You would think.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Justvisiting2day

Boy am I glad we got rid of our glass doors when we first purchased out units. Removed them and, oh I think have one set up in the garage,. But installed a water proof curtain, more room and no dampness . Great deal. Good luck on those, and The problem I had was, the floor of the shower cracked and leaked. Now that was spendy, 700 including shipping. I had to install as I was volunteering in the parks system.
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
ChuckS

When you get the shower doors replaced to prevent future breakage take a pool noodle and cut to length of open area with doors locked open.. split the noodle and wedge over lower rail and up against shower doors and wall edge

This will prevent you from ever breaking the doors again

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:11 PM   #6
lwprofile

haha, I just ordered a new glass today at a local glass shop for my daughters 5th wheel. Don't know how one of her 3 doors broke, it was locked position. Anyways, I took in the bottom trim part with glass some glass pieces still in it, glass shop said yeah, that's called "Rain Glass". I gave him the measurement, and it was only $80 for a brand new tempered piece, and will be here in 5 days. A far cry cheaper than what keystone told her on the phone ($750, sold as all three pieces only). Not fun cleaning the upper and lower aluminum mounting parts, but 20 mins of my time was worth the savings.
lwprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
Camp CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiptime View Post
Coming home from our last trip we discovered that 2 of the 3 panel sliding glass doors on our shower were all of the floor...............
Ditto Trekwood.....You can purchase the 45 3/4" x 68" - Triple Sliding - Niagara Glass - Platinum entire door here for $444.60 or parts.

https://www.trekwood.com/products/47...Glass-Platinum

Same thing happened to me a few weeks after purchasing my 2016 High Country. Dealer replaced it under warranty. Now we place the dog's bed inside the rack to resist door movement in the event the latch fails, albeit seems unlikely that would happen.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:36 PM   #8
Steve's 70-5

When we traveling, put a cable tie around the latch. When I got the TT, I reattached the metal handles on the glass, used clear sealant. Use the bright color ties, so they are easy to see at the last minute check before hitting the road.

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:11 PM   #9
gspman

I am so glad I read this post, thanks to all
gspman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:17 AM   #10
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspman View Post
I am so glad I read this post, thanks to all
Ditto gspman.