Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2020, 01:53 AM   #1
Kleubner

Atwood furnace

I have a 2008 fusion 373 and thr furnace is not working I work construction and live in it while I'm on the road the furnace is not making any noise when the thermostat calls for heat does anyone have any idea what might be going on and yes there is propane to the furnace thanks in advance
Kleubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If it's not making "any noise at all" (no fan noise at the start of the cycle) it's either a power issue (blown fuse, loose fuse contact, loose wire connection or unplugged connector, etc) or it's a control board issue.

The first step in furnace ignition calls for turning on the squirrel cage fan. The fan has 2 cages, one for the cabin air movement, but more important is the other end. It moves INSIDE the gas chamber to clear all possible explosive gasses BEFORE the furnace control board will send any ignition to the gas chamber. That prevents any "leakage or residue gas" from exploding. There are several components that must operate "in sequence" to get to the ignition step, but if there is no fan noise, chances are the furnace isn't getting power or the control board isn't "starting the process"....

I'd start at the fuse panel, pull every fuse, check them all, make sure the contacts to which they plug are clean and tight, then follow the wires to the furnace, check for no damage, clean tight wire connections, then check the furnace for a "blinking light" which is only on Atwood furnaces (not suburban furnaces). If you find it, it will be flashing a code to identify the trouble. But before you even get to that step, checking for proper input power (12VDC) is likely to solve your problem.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #3
ChuckS

I believe your older Fuzion uses the Coleman Mach type thermostat. If so after you follow help instructions in previous post regarding DC 12 volt fuses I’d check to see if you have 12 volts at the thermostat

If you have 12 volts DC present you can temp jump the furnace side wire to see if the furnace will start up the blower motor and run..

This is temp test only to eliminate a defective mechanical style thermostat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80958579-95B7-4F3F-9E56-BD1A75CDCF94.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	25002  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #4
Kleubner

Atwood furnace

Thanks everyone for the help I sure will try all of those things when I get home and will report back thanks again
Kleubner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace