Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2020, 07:46 PM   #21
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We traveled to Florida several winters & stayed at this resort traveling to/from each time, very nice park. Highly recommend this place!
Those are good rates too, George. Thanks, noted!
Old 12-21-2020, 08:09 PM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
We are just outside of Savannah right now. Cool to cold nights. Days are nice if the sun is out, and no wind. Was rainy and overcast on Sunday, bleak at best. Savannah has changed a bit over the years. Parking for River St is nearly impossible now. Especially if you're driving anything larger than a mid-sized sedan. We were hoping to do some of the sights but apparently Covid has caused some if the touristy things (like Tybee) to nearly close up. We should have done Stone Mountain, GA again or Northern FL. We're very fond of the caverns in FL Pan Handle. But in the end, we're away for Christmas in the camper that we love so it's all good. We have plenty of enjoyment just being out and about.
Well thanks ..now I’m intrigued about Stone Mountain GA Lotta places I’m looking forward to seeing
Old 12-22-2020, 05:52 AM   #23
SummitPond

Quote:
<snip> We're very fond of the caverns in FL Pan Handle. <snip>
I second that recommendation. Here's a google map link to the area. We've camped at the state park near the horse pens. It's a nice place, but depending on the time of year it could be very buggy (yes, even in the winter). The caves are tremendous for this area (sort of reminded me of Dixie Caverns in Salem, VA). We lucked out and got a very avid guide who extended the tour by almost a factor of two time-wise.

There are other sites to see in the area. Another state park has a nice waterfall depending on the time of year (Falling Water SP). Your fee for Florida Caves SP will get you into that one, too. We've not camped there.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
We are just outside of Savannah right now. Cool to cold nights. Days are nice if the sun is out, and no wind. Was rainy and overcast on Sunday, bleak at best. Savannah has changed a bit over the years. Parking for River St is nearly impossible now. Especially if you're driving anything larger than a mid-sized sedan. We were hoping to do some of the sights but apparently Covid has caused some if the touristy things (like Tybee) to nearly close up. We should have done Stone Mountain, GA again or Northern FL. We're very fond of the caverns in FL Pan Handle. But in the end, we're away for Christmas in the camper that we love so it's all good. We have plenty of enjoyment just being out and about.
Do they still have protests at Stone Mountain? That wouldn’t be my idea of a vacation if so
Old 12-22-2020, 08:27 PM   #25
ACJCF2

You might give Fort McAllister S.P. in Richmond Hill, GA a look. It's a little South of Savannah and is very nice. Crooked River S.P. near St. Marys, GA near the Florida boarder is also very nice. Both parks offer plenty of nearby points of interest. Safe travels.
ACJCF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #26
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
We stayed at James Island in 2019. I don't recall an issues with branches, but I'm a good bit lower to the ground than you. Give them a call and see what they say; it may have been one particular area of the campground that could br problematic. When we were there they offered a shuttle service (for a fee) to take you to the touristy part of town. To us it was well worth the cost of not having to find parking, and we were exhausted from walking around all day in near-100 degree heat. There were also free shuttles around town. They may not be offered now due to the virus. The town itself is very tourist-friendly. Be sure to go to the visitors center & pick up a map of restroom facilities around town. They also have a free app for your phone that does the same. Be sure to visit the Karpeles Manuscript Museum (free). It's quite the place, and IMO underappreciated.

Southern GA may offer similar temps as the Panhandle. We go camping each year in January just south of Brunswick and light jacket temps are usually the norm.

Safe travels & Happy Holidays.
It's not the campground, it's getting TO the campground.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #27
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
It's not the campground, it's getting TO the campground.
Sorry! I've slept since then, so my memory of the roads is faint, if at all.

These days I'm happy if I remember what I did yesterday, much less before that. Pictures help a lot, if I remember to take them. And of course the DW!

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:27 AM   #28
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
Well thanks ..now I’m intrigued about Stone Mountain GA Lotta places I’m looking forward to seeing
Also want to plan a trip to Stone Mountain. Wanted to go this year but didn’t make it. It’s on the list for next year for sure.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter