Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
LoganFulltiming

04 Sprinter Bunkhouse; Hello & Water Leak

I was thinking at first that the issue is the connector for city water. You could see water dripping off of the undercarriage directly below it. However, the wood directly above the holding tank, etc, is very wet. For now, I just have the water shut off. I am a mechanically competent guy. I am about flat broke after buying this rig and getting set up, paying lot rent, etc. I feel like more than likely, I can fix it if I can diagnose it. Just looking for how to approach this is all.

Thank goodness it is Oregon in the (coming) dry season. I would hate to have to contemplate fixing/dealing with this in the cold downpour.

For now, I have the water shut off when not in use. The 5 gal bucket that is directly below the city water hookup (and catches maybe 60%) fills up about every 24hrs. Just to give you an idea of the speed of the leak.
LoganFulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you probably have either a loose or leaking connection on the back of the city water inlet. Possibly, since it hasn't been used since last season, the one way valve on the back of the inlet may have frozen and cracked over the winter.

Here are a few pictures of what your water inlet looks like. The configuration of water tank fill and city water hookup may differ, but the basic components, hose connector, one way valve, mounting flange and connection to the plumbing supply lines are pretty much the same in all trailers of your vintage.

You can purchase a new city water inlet and probably solve your problem. Cost should be about $8-10. Don't forget to buy a roll of BUTYL putty tape. You'll definitely find more uses for it in the next few weeks as you notice voids around windows, doors, access doors, molding, awning supports and the list goes on and on.

The last photo is a drawing of the basic water system for your trailer. It should help you understand how your water system works and help you understand the components.

Anyway, here are the photos of what you'll find when you pull the three screws that hold the city water inlet on the side of your trailer. Chances are you will find something leaking on that assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CWC1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	16305   Click image for larger version

Name:	CWC2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	16306   Click image for larger version

Name:	CWC3.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	16307  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!!

Best way to approach it is to gain access to the backside of the connection. I’m not versed on how your model is set up but if the connection is in a convince center then you should be able to take a panel off the side and be able to look back there.

With visual access just hook up the water and turn it on. The leak will probably be apparent. At that point we can figure out the fix. Pictures would help a lot.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Don't overlook the simple things. When our unit was new I opened up the front storage hatch (city water next to it) and to my horror water on the floor! And this on the maiden voyage. There was no leak during the PDI the week before. Removed the water hose to check hose thinking maybe the hose end was leaking and looked into the city water connection and no hose washer. Apparently it stuck to the hose or fell out at the dealer. So reaching into my tub of fittings and replaced the 10 cent washer and all was good.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, sprinter, water, water leak