Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
ingalmi

In Command Intermittent

So I have a new Montana with the InCommand system but periodically it loses the Bluetooth connection between the DC and BCM, which is extremely frustrating. I've done the software update for the DC but I'm really leery about the system failing at the most inopportune time. Currently doing a cross-country so trying to find a service center that can only give me an appointment 3 weeks out is difficult. Anyone out there had similar issues? BTW I've contacted ASA (Jensen) several times and they've always been helpful but still no joy.
ingalmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
MattHelm21

I've still got issues with ours. I have noticed it seems to be affected the longer it remains unused. For intervals of days, I sometimes have to power off and on the DC and it starts working normally. However, with it winterized, it has sat for a month and when I go out, the only fix is to cut the breaker to the converter and switch the battery disconnect to reset the BCM. I have upgraded everything(DC, BCM, APP) to the latest downloads on the Jensen site but still had to do the reset in January. I'm going to be contacting Jenson myself.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
ingalmi

Thanks Matt, The word I got from Jensen is that the DC is probably bad and will need to be replaced by dealer. Also since the pairing of the smart phone works with the DC the app only works when the system is linked (DC to BCM) Looks like I need to wait until I get back to FL unless I can get a Keystone authorized repair station in Paso Robles to fix it. My big fear is if I get total failure then I'm manually doing the hydraulic slides all the way across country.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
MattHelm21

Well the good news is that there should be switches inside your BCM to allow you to run your slides in or out in an emergency. Just remove the cover and mine are right accross the top. I haven't tried them but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea just in case.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
ingalmi

But here's the bad news, the switches on the BCM only operate the electric slide (probably the bedroom) not the hydraulic slides (confirmed by Keystone). To move the hydraulic slides you'll need to use a drill, flex shaft and hex to fit into the hydraulic motor/pump.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
MattHelm21

I can't figure that one out. It would seem that a switch could activate the hydraulic pump just as it could an electric drive motor for the cable system. All slides on our unit are cable slides which is why I thought you would have had the same. I do have the flex shaft just in case I have no electrics though.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
ingalmi

Update to my intermittent InCommand System. ASA replaced the entire system with an updated version that is wired between the DC panel and the BCM. No more Bluetooth between the two components. Works perfectly now, no more issues. Still have Bluetooth connectivity between iPhone and DC panel. Couldn't be happier.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
MattHelm21

Thanks for the update. I went out to our trailer last week and the system was non operational again. I just didn't have it in me to bounce all the electrics again. This weekend is my scheduled "exercising" of the generator so I'll do that then. I've just been waiting for the weather to warm up a little in order to make the call to Jensen to begin the troubleshoot and find out what hoops I'll need to jump through.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #9
HomeyHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalmi View Post
Update to my intermittent InCommand System. ASA replaced the entire system with an updated version that is wired between the DC panel and the BCM. No more Bluetooth between the two components. Works perfectly now, no more issues. Still have Bluetooth connectivity between iPhone and DC panel. Couldn't be happier.
That's what I hope the dealer and ASA do for me, hard wire the touchscreen. I was fearing this from day 1 with this new technology and here I sit this weekend and 4 more scheduled camping trips until my next scheduled dealer warranty fix appointment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
HomeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #10
dvmonk

Jrvcs1

Having JRVCS1 NCommand Problems too on my 2017 Outback FE333. Updated software and now NCommand doesn't work. Talked to ASA for 3 days. Now had a local tech out and he hasn't been able to fix. Coming back tomorrow to try again. He also talked to NCommand. Camping now. No hot water or lights. Will have to find a local dealer. The DC and BCM seem to be talking to one another but the battery VDC is showing "0". Voltage checks out on the board. ASA said it would not work until battery on the screen showed correct VDC.
dvmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:05 AM   #11
ingalmi

I'm guessing you probably can't control your hydraulic slide rooms or awning either. If you have a voltmeter remove the DC panel from the mounting location and check for 12vdc, if you have a Bluetooth system you'll probably only have 2 wires on the back 12vdc+ and 12vdc-, if that checks out make sure you have 12vdc at the BCM you may have a fuse blown between the battery switch and the BCM/DC. Can you use the override switches on the BCM to power the awning in or out? If so you have 12vdc at the BCM. I'm assuming your battery switches are on?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:17 AM   #12
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmonk View Post
Having JRVCS1 NCommand Problems too on my 2017 Outback FE333. Updated software and now NCommand doesn't work. Talked to ASA for 3 days. Now had a local tech out and he hasn't been able to fix. Coming back tomorrow to try again. He also talked to NCommand. Camping now. No hot water or lights. Will have to find a local dealer. The DC and BCM seem to be talking to one another but the battery VDC is showing "0". Voltage checks out on the board. ASA said it would not work until battery on the screen showed correct VDC.

If the VDC is showing 0, the DC and BCM are not talking to each other. If you press and hold the power button on the DC, you will be prompted to power down the DC. Once the DC is powered down, press and hold the power button again to power it back up. If you receive the "cannot connect to BCM" message, you are experiencing the common issue: the DC cannot connect to the BCM via Bluetooth.

The normal resolution is to power down both the BCM and DC-- then power back up. To power down the BCM, all you have to do is cut power from both the battery and converter. If you do not have a battery disconnect, you'll have to use the reset button on the BCM board under the cover.

Since you mentioned upgrading the firmware, you may have other issues though. Not knowing the exact steps you took, the firmware used, which steps were attempted and which steps were successful, I have no idea where you stand there.

You can however control your jacks, slides and awnings via manual switches on the BCM beneath the cover. The switches are there to allow you to pack up and transport in case the system does what it is doing.

If you are familiar with voltage and can read a schematic, you can jumper terminals on the BCM to turn on/off everything the BCM controls. When you remove the cover, everything is right there. I'll just leave it at that. You'll know if you want to proceed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #13
dvmonk

Thanks for the replies. Have tried everything suggested. Have hot water now by jumping terminals. ASA is sending a new updated board and BCM panel. Will have a licensed RV Repair replace these next week. OK as long as we have hot water and a few lights!!!
dvmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:55 AM   #14
Tinner12002

I've noticed on mine that app on phone loses connection, use it once then have to reconnect to use again, then a couple times screen has changed format on BCM. Hope that's not a sign of things to come.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote