Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2023, 04:56 PM   #1
meaz93*

Replacement Vinyl Flooring

Anyone have extra of this vinyl RV style flooring or know where I could get some?
I've been looking at different flooring companies for a 12" x 12" or 24" etc... peelable adhesive pattern comparable to the Keystone OEM tiki plank light wood style with really no luck.
I just cut out some 5yr old carpet from the booth/kitchen slide....thanks to the Golden Retriever. [emoji2955]
Not a big deal, just wanted something sort of close to the color and style.
I suppose I could hit up a Keystone Dealership and see if possibly they have any pieces laying around?
This is the last repair before the season starts up[emoji106]
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230228_153815.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	43261
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:55 PM   #2
dutchmensport

I finished replacing the carpet in my main slide in the kitchen a few weeks ago. I attempted to find something that would come close to matching, but I could not find the exact pattern, and anything with a near color, looked really awful. I decided to make an attempt to come closer matching the wood work instead of the floor, and I think it worked out pretty good. Well .... I'm happy with it, that's all that matters. I used a rubber lamanite instead of vinyl.

Old 03-13-2023, 05:57 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

No idea what year, model or brand trailer you pulled the carpet out of or what "vinyl plank style sheet vinyl" your trailer may have had in it. With the year, brand and model, there's ways to get the vinyl manufacturer and their color code/style of vinyl flooring.

Post what trailer you have and it'll make any recommendations much more "product centered"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #4
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I finished replacing the carpet in my main slide in the kitchen a few weeks ago. I attempted to find something that would come close to matching, but I could not find the exact pattern, and anything with a near color, looked really awful. I decided to make an attempt to come closer matching the wood work instead of the floor, and I think it worked out pretty good. Well .... I'm happy with it, that's all that matters. I used a rubber lamanite instead of vinyl.
That turned out really nice[emoji106]
I obviously thought the same thing except my cabinets are dark walnut, but that being said makes me think...[emoji848]
Yours again.... turned out nicely.[emoji106]
Old 03-13-2023, 06:59 PM   #5
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
No idea what year, model or brand trailer you pulled the carpet out of or what "vinyl plank style sheet vinyl" your trailer may have had in it. With the year, brand and model, there's ways to get the vinyl manufacturer and their color code/style of vinyl flooring.

Post what trailer you have and it'll make any recommendations much more "product centered"....
I have a 2018 Keystone Outback 328RL. Career was a light cream color.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:06 PM   #6
meaz93*

This is what color scheme I have for the cabinet interior etc.., but I don't have a good pic of the low pile shag carpet. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230131_140640.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	43263
Old 03-14-2023, 06:17 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's links to the "probable carpets and vinyl":

https://www.trekwood.com/products/70...V25-25-oz-8-4-

https://www.trekwood.com/products/70...-885-Wide-Roll

In the description for each is the manufacturer, their color number and the color name.

Most any "carpet and vinyl store or wholeseller" would/should be able to identify it by that info and possibly order it for you if it's still available.... Many "RV decor items" are phased out in a year or so and the only place to find them is an RV salvage store.... Boontragers or RV Nation are two of the biggest salvage stores for RV's.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-14-2023, 07:06 AM   #8
meaz93*

Quote:

In the description for each is the manufacturer, their color number and the color name.

Most any "carpet and vinyl store or wholeseller" would/should be able to identify it by that info and possibly order it for you if it's still available.... Many "RV decor items" are phased out in a year or so and the only place to find them is an RV salvage store.... Boontragers or RV Nation are two of the biggest salvage stores for RV's.
Much appreciated, thank you!
Old 03-14-2023, 10:11 AM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:

Wow! Nearly $32 a square yard for either type cheap rv grade flooring + the outrageous shipping from Trekwood, you could put floor covering in a fairly good size bedroom house cheaper.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:06 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Wow! Nearly $32 a square yard for either type cheap rv grade flooring + the outrageous shipping from Trekwood, you could put floor covering in a fairly good size bedroom house cheaper.
Sure could !!!! That said, "cheap FHA approved carpet" at Lowe's goes for $2.03/sqft. That's $18.27/sqyd... So, not quite "double the price" for a 4 year old color specific carpet for a specialty project"....

Me, I'd go to Lowe's and come close or contrast, but that's just me.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-14-2023, 11:49 AM   #11
meaz93*

Well, got an email from Tiararv Sales and its a discontinued item....so I will continue to check Home Depot, Lowes for something that probably matches the dark walnut interior trim or maybe a solid color pulled from the tiki plank simulated OEM vinyl scheme.[emoji848][emoji108]Click image for larger version

Name:	20230314_124843.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	43266Attachment 43265
Old 03-14-2023, 11:51 AM   #12
meaz93*

That's through the Tiara RV Sales Rep.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:32 PM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
That's through the Tiara RV Sales Rep.
The Tiara RV Sales Rep is "Trekwood.com"... Tiara is the RV sales lot, Trekwood is the Parts department for the same company.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-14-2023, 08:28 PM   #14
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Dutchmen, is that a flush slide, or a slight lip? It is hard to tell by the pictures. If flush, is the black strip the rub strip for the slide?
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #15
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Dutchmen, is that a flush slide, or a slight lip? It is hard to tell by the pictures. If flush, is the black strip the rub strip for the slide?
It's a lip (I guess). The edge itself is the Draco covering I left exposed. I did go over the black Draco edge covering with black brush on Rust-o-lium oil based paint to help seal it up better and to prevent fraying in the future.

The Draco is wrapped completely around the floor of the slide covering the exposed outside (underside) and the floor on the inside. Then there is a thin sheet of aluminum foil (probably what they call "insulation") and the original carpet was laid on top of that. After all of that was in place, the walls were then attached. So the original Draco, the aluminum sheet and carpet were originally laid first and all under the walls. Removing the carpet was no easy chore.

I attempted to find something to cover that lip and I may do that some day. My intention was to cover it. But, it is so thin, any conventional L shaped trim (that might be used on stair steps on the front between the floor and the first step down stuff), is simply too deep. I'm a pretty good wood worker and will probably end up fabricating the trim edge myself. I did this over the winter months before it got too cold. I just finished this when weather turned really cold and bad and decided heating the camper was getting too costly. So, I just threw some paint on the edge to protect it for now. However, if it works well and stand ups, I may just leave it as is.

Unfortunately, the Draco under the slide where the roller are is fraying some. I am planning on sealing that up soon too, but weather has to break first. I thinking of applying a paint, or a rubber coat or something like that. I know some folks use a plastic flat sheet the rollers roll on, so I'm not real sure what to do with it yet. It took 4 years to decide to remove that carpet before I had the "AH-HA!" moment and knew what I wanted to do. It may take another 4 years to figure out what to do with the under side Draco! The "AH-HA!" moment has not hit yet.

Meanwhile here's some new photos I just took. Unfortunately, those close up shots and the lighting really brings out the blemishes in everything. You can see, still attached to some spots are the carpet threads. They are impossible to get out.

Slide completely extended:

Slide retracted, enough to see the lip:

Under side of the slide (outside)

Old 03-15-2023, 11:40 AM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

It sure looks like you need to do something with that darco right away. Can't enlarge the pics but it looks like that frayed area may be completely worn through the material. That's how you get a soft slide floor.

You can install slide skis, uhmw or hdpe. UHMW has super wear and sliding characteristics and IIRC it's what the slide bar is made of. My slides are covered on the bottom with it. Whatever you put on the ends where it is frayed be sure that it rolls over and up under that transition strip outside on the ends. A ski is made that way. You won't be able to "paint" on any kind of coating and it stay. That darco flexes all the time and once those fibers have broken loose it just needs to be covered with a solid material and sealed. Lots of folks have used various ways to remedy that problem.

That interior slide edge might be problematic. They obviously designed it for a carpet flap to cover that protrusion when it is extended. You might be able to take some wood stock and run it over a router to cut out the back side to accommodate that shape but there is really noting to attach to other than the edge of the slide floor. That might take a little thinking. I would not leave that edge of darco exposed in the interior. It will get nicked or cut and is a point for water intrusion on the slide with the fridge with ice maker I figure. That material seems strong but it is really pretty fragile when it comes to wear or cutting.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:27 PM   #17
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Anyone have extra of this vinyl RV style flooring or know where I could get some?
I've been looking at different flooring companies for a 12" x 12" or 24" etc... peelable adhesive pattern comparable to the Keystone OEM tiki plank light wood style with really no luck.
I just cut out some 5yr old carpet from the booth/kitchen slide....thanks to the Golden Retriever. [emoji2955]
Not a big deal, just wanted something sort of close to the color and style.
I suppose I could hit up a Keystone Dealership and see if possibly they have any pieces laying around?
This is the last repair before the season starts up[emoji106]
Attachment 43261
You really need to be looking at either finding peel and stick plank style, eithe to match, or just redo the entire area.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:20 AM   #18
ObiRich

Lowes has all kinds of peal and stick wood looking vinyl tile. You could also think about vinyl plank, but it would be heavier and thicker.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...ment=108277432
ObiRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:17 AM   #19
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiRich View Post
Lowes has all kinds of peal and stick wood looking vinyl tile. You could also think about vinyl plank, but it would be heavier and thicker.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...ment=108277432
Many LVT or peel & stick tiles don't like temp variations and will pop or move. I have luxury vinyl tile in my camper and had to use a bit of adhesive to keep some in place since the camper gets hot and then cold while stored outside. I would have preferred to use sheet vinyl as Keystone does in many cases knowing this.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:12 PM   #20
jimborokz

Meaz93,
I had good luch getting a near perfect match at Lowe's. It was peel and place vinyl plank tiles 4X36 in.

I was replacing one sofa with a recliner and needed to expand the slide to accommodate it. This is a front LR with two slides and sofas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200905_150420.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	43325   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200905_152051.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	43326  
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote