Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
mmashburn

Wiper Slide Seal

We have a 2006 Keystone Cougar travel trailer. The black wiper seals at the top of both slides come off when we open or close the slides. My husband took them off and treated them with a lubricant. The metal part at the top of the seals seem to have some rust. They are now spread open and will not stay on when we attempted to put them back on. I have called Keystone and searched the internet to find where I can purchase replacements with no luck. Keystone sent me to a company that didn't know what I was talking about. They didn't make seals. I have found similar wiper seals but nothing that is exactly like what we have. Please advise. Would it be possible to use the old ones and screw them on?
mmashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Flyguy

Try this URL and see if this helps: http://www.pellandent.com/rv_product...categoryid=173 Match the seal that you need with the pictures.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
mmashburn

Wiper Slide Seal

Thank you for responding so quickly. I have looked at the site you recommended and the Flexible Slide out Seal Model Number: 19-ZG8129 looks similar but does not have the nibs in the U to hold the seal on. I also went to http://www.ltiflex.com/profiles/wipers.aspx and the 8665 (1-3) is similar but not exact. Do you think that would work? Would it be safe to camp without them on. We are going to caulk under the D seals to make sure they are sealed and no water can penetrate. I don't want to order the wrong thing since the seals are quite expensive. Thanks again for your help.
mmashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Flyguy

Here's what I do, order 1 foot of the one that you think would work and if it does then order the amount that you really need. Just a thought. Here's another URL for you to look through, maybe this one will have the exact seal: http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/dis...ategory_id=106
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
GBHRPS

I had the exact same problem with the top slide wiper on my 2004 Cougar. I simply put a half inch long self taping stainless steel screw through the seal and into the tang/metal tab that the wiper is supposed to be attached to. I did this at one end of the wiper, stretched it a bit, since it had shrunk somewhat in overall length, and put another screw into the wiper about 5 inches further in.

Then I went to the other end of the slide, stretched the wiper out to its full length to cover the entire exposed length of the opening, and put 2 more screws in about 5 inches apart. Then I went down the entire length of the wiper and put in more screws every 5 inches in between. It solved my problem, and the next time I visited the dealer who sold me the trailer, he said that was the very same way they make the repair, provided the wiper is still in good shape.

Good Luck!
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote