Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Bill-2020

Incorrect Posting Time Shown on Replies

The time that shows when I've replied to a thread is WAY off. It's 4 hours off (showing later, I'm on the east cost of FL). Is there a setting somewhere that I need to adjust, time zone perhaps?? I've looked but can't seem to see one. Searched the forum for similar issue with no good results.

Just some OCD kicking in.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:00 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Bill, There are many members with incorrect time zones. When you originally signed up you overlooked that option. Here is how to correct it.

Near the top left of the page in the black bar select USER CP Than Settings and options scroll down to Edit options Then Date & time option Select (GMT -5:00) Eastern Standard Just below that select Automatically detect DST

You should now be good to go until the powers that be allow us to get off of DST. Hope this helps calm your OCD. Travel safely and stay well, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
Bill-2020

And look at that- Even the previous posting now has the correct time. Thanks, Hank! We're all set and now and my OCD is calm, cool and collective. I agree, get off DST already.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
travelin texans

Come to Arizona, NO DST!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Come to Arizona, NO DST!
Arizona is pretty but dry and brown. We prefer green and lots of water, salt and fresh. My bladder wakes me in the morning and my eyelids tell me it's time for bed.(Haven't gotten the hang of naps yet, but not out of the question) DST has little effect on this retired old fart, but did not like it when I was still working. Florida voters requested its' end but it still has not been approved in DC.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

What's a time zone? What's this DST? What day is it? I think the "time zone" has turned into "The Twilight Zone". I'm waiting for Rod Serling to show up and offer me a Cigarette.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Old Mustanger

I don't understand why people want to do away with DST, I have always liked it not getting dark until 9PM in Summer, I'd rather they did away with ST, that way even in Winter it wouldn't get dark until around 7, just my 2Cents.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:38 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

For me, it's just the switching back and forth. I don't care if it's 7PM or 8PM as much as I do, on Saturday, things happen an hour earlier or later than they do on the next day. That happens 2 times a year. Switch the entire 4 time zones to DST and leave them there or switch the entire 4 time zones to ST and leave them there.

Like the "old Indian proverb" Only a white man would believe that he can make the blanket longer by cutting off a foot on one end and sewing it to the other end.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote