Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
JohnEM38

New Mountaineer Fifth Wheel Owner

Just purchased a new Montana Mountaineer 310RET. This is my first camper What are the must carry items I need to stock it with?

JohnEM38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

New Mountaineer Fifth Wheel Owner

Congrats on your new fiver. Must carry items? That's a loaded question.

ANY RV'er should carry a tool kit that stays with the rig. I have a variety of wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, a volt/Ohm meter, and variety of fuses. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, and others will add.

I would get more fresh water hose than you'll think you need, a couple of extension cords, more sewer hose than you think you need and a water pressure regulator. I've been RV'ing with a fiver since '89 and I am still not done "gettin stuff"...

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
JohnEM38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Congrats on your new fiver. Must carry items? That's a loaded question.

ANY RV'er should carry a tool kit that stays with the rig. I have a variety of wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, a volt/Ohm meter, and variety of fuses. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, and others will add.

I would get more fresh water hose than you'll think you need, a couple of extension cords, more sewer hose than you think you need and a water pressure regulator. I've been RV'ing with a fiver since '89 and I am still not done "gettin stuff"...
What type of water pressure regulator? I heard to get one thats for your home over one for an RV as it lets more flow through.

Thanks for the comments.

JohnEM38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

There are so many different types, plastic,brass, with or without a gauge, adjustable, non adjustable.

I have two brass non adjustable, no gauge made for RV's. I use 5/8" vs 1/2" drinking water safe hose and can't say I've had any pressure issues.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote