Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #21
Ccrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
I take everything on every trip. All the tools and gear have permanent storage locations and requires no loading or unloading for trips.
This. My 2xHondas reside in a toolbox in the bed. We’re not beyond changing plans mid-trip and don’t care about FHU sites.
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #22
Hambone1088

We were staying at an RV park last summer when the power went out for about 3 hours during the heat of the day. Prior to that, we only “sometimes” took our generator. We didn’t have our generator during the one time we could have used it to run our AC during the power outage. Luckily we were camping right on a river and were able to stay cool from the summer heat until the power came back on. Now I always have it just in case the power goes out and we want to use the comforts of the trailer that need something more then the batteries to run.
Hambone1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #23
jasin1

I bought a harbor freight 3500 inverter, when I had my ram 2500 it wasn’t even an option to take it with me,I was way over gvwr on my truck.
Now I have a capable truck so the generator is going with me every time. I bought a 30 amp rv extension cord also.
The way I figure it I could break down on the side of the road somewhere, either the truck or trailer, and it could be many hours till I could get towed. It would be nice to be able to cook a meal or have some creature comforts while I wait.
I also have extra tools and a cordless impact gun and a bunch of other things I may never need. I have the cargo capacity now so why not be prepared.
We signed up for harvest host and some will allow you to use a generator sparingly and others as long as you want. It’s nice having options
Old 02-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #24
Jim2366

I am getting ready to leave in the cold and will bring the Champion 3500 generator in case the electric goes out when traveling. I can connect it to the 50amp using the 30amp to 50amp adapter.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:10 AM   #25
Bugz1985

First why did you buy a generator if you do not want to bring it with you?
Bugz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #26
Laredo Tugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
Color me paranoid. I spent 20 years in the military, the first 5 as a cop. I'm of the mindset that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I agree. I lock everything. I offset alzheimer's by going through my key chain occasionally and remembering which key goes where.
I have some friends who live in the Bahama Islands. Power outages (extended) are a regular occurrence there so most everyone has a (home) generator available.
Their generator was hooked up and running some essentials in the house when the power stopped flowing, but the generator could still be heard running outside. A quick check of connections and plugs inside the house produced still no power. Going outside to check the connection at the generator they found their lawn mower running and their generator was MIA.
While I will never call a criminal intelligent, I will give these lads a nod for creating their own opportunity.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:42 AM   #27
Cougar Jim

Coming down from 15 years of large diesel Moho's we gave up several comfort amenities but electrical power when we want it isn't one of them. I have a quiet Honda 3000w mounted on a tray in the rear of the trailer. Our summer plans usually include one to three state or forest service parks without electric power.
Cougar Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator