Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2022, 08:41 PM   #1
schoolbusjudi

Smile Thanks for those who helped schoolbusjudi

I didn't know how to post on this forum and thought that I had posted something with my question and all the important information needed for an answer. Unfortunately, that post never posted; but I did put information on someone's posting about dumping tanks (our problem). We received help and hubby, with a great deal of hard work (for a 77 year old with recent back surgery) was able to locate the two tank levers that open into the dump pipe. He had to crawl under the camper and remove the protective panel to let him see where everything was located. The handles are only visible if one gets on their hands and knees and looks UP just under the outer edge of the camper. We are not able to do that maneuver. We own a 2003 Keystone Outback 25' travel trailer that is in pretty good condition for it's age. Hopefully, after the hard work that we have been doing to it for a month now, we will be able to take it out for a few days of camping in the cooler climate areas of Arizona, our home state.

We appreciate the input y'all have given us. Hank and Judi
schoolbusjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 03:41 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

I am not so spry myself Judi. I have a hard time crawling under my camper and pulling the valve handles as well. Especially difficult is the galley tank handle which is up behind the rear driver side wheel on my camper which means under my slideout. When I get to a campground, I open the tank handles then deploy the slideout. I use one of these Valterra T58 handles which is installed on the single dump outlet and dump all three tanks at once. This handle is easy to get to as it is right at the edge of my trailer where the others are underneath.
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-.../dp/B000BGHYJS

Also, don't know what you refer to as "protective panel" means. All the dump valves should be visible without removing a panel. If the handles don't come down far enough, you can purchase extensions that are similar to all thread. Handle is removed, the extension screwed on and then the handle screwed onto the extension. I did this on my galley tank as it saves me about 8" of crawling under the slide and camper.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote