Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2022, 07:17 AM   #21
wegone

Counter tops......????

Please, someone refresh my mind

I will count my blessings tho, as all the STUFF hanging on the walls had to come off.
Unlike our stick built home where every few years we just hang new drywall instead of patching, as her new taste and flair changes about as often as I change my skivvies....

She used these plastic sticky things you just pull on, and the hook comes right off the wall without damage, pretty cool, and I forgot how nice our walls were.

But oh yeah, talking about getting scolded for my laisser-faire behavior...

If I leave those skivvies in the bathroom, everyone in the RV park hears about when she visits it on her morning visit.
But not a peep she mentions nor seems to care after she powders herself after her shower when the bathroom looks like a blizzard rolled through.

But hey, the bottom of my feet sure smell sweet
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:28 AM   #22
Canonman

Because of a couple of debilitating physical issues, my DW can't carry the totes out to the trailer to stock up for the next outing. That's my job. Also my job to get it all to fit. Especially the cold items in the fridge. I'm limited to 2, beers and 2, 7-ups cold and required to rotate from the storage after that. Things don't fall out when the pantry or fridge are opened but it is a bit of a game of Jenga for the first few days (Except for my beer)
I do draw the line at packing her clothes. I figure if she has to pack it in and pack it out there will be at least some judicious thought given to what is loaded. So far, still hoping
As for the cargo area, that's all mine. Everything goes loads in a certain order so it unloads in the right order. We've been doing this for a few years now and even though I gripe every time, we're still camping together and always looking forward to our next trip. I hope everyone else is as happy in their travels as we are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-38.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	41466  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:32 AM   #23
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
But not a peep she mentions nor seems to care after she powders herself after her shower when the bathroom looks like a blizzard rolled through.

But hey, the bottom of my feet sure smell sweet
Are our wives sisters! Mine does the same thing!
Old 09-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #24
wiredgeorge

I must say that maintenance and repair items that become spares if not stowed deep in the pass through and left home will be needed the next time out. Problem is, I can't generally find what is stowed in the bowels of the passthrough storage area anyway so I just go out and buy yet another and now have 14 of these items which I won't be able to find after initial use.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 09:06 AM   #25
wegone

Everything goes loads in a certain order so it unloads in the right order. We've been doing this for a few years now and even though I gripe every time, we're still camping together and always looking forward to our next trip. I hope everyone else is as happy in their travels as we are.

OK.... what about this one however?

When getting the trailer all set up and ready prior to an early AM shove off, I hitch up all by myself, with minimal problems, got it down to a science, almost as good as a politician can lie and get folks to believe them.....

Now she likes to HELP at the campground the morning we hook up......

If I say thanks honey but that's OK, she pouts for the first 2 hundred miles, and I better have everything I need within reach cuz she won't get it if I need it.

Now if I let her help.....well, it's always my fault that her signal of pointing "up" was meant not to mean I was suppose to raise the hitch on my truck up no, but to go forward and turn my wheels the opposite direction of where all the folks have gathered to watch our show.....

My bad.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:07 AM   #26
wegone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I must say that maintenance and repair items that become spares if not stowed deep in the pass through and left home will be needed the next time out. Problem is, I can't generally find what is stowed in the bowels of the passthrough storage area anyway so I just go out and buy yet another and now have 14 of these items which I won't be able to find after initial use.
Yep.... guilty, however I have lots of new tools
Old 09-03-2022, 09:31 AM   #27
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Everything goes loads in a certain order so it unloads in the right order. We've been doing this for a few years now and even though I gripe every time, we're still camping together and always looking forward to our next trip. I hope everyone else is as happy in their travels as we are.

OK.... what about this one however?

When getting the trailer all set up and ready prior to an early AM shove off, I hitch up all by myself, with minimal problems, got it down to a science, almost as good as a politician can lie and get folks to believe them.....

Now she likes to HELP at the campground the morning we hook up......

If I say thanks honey but that's OK, she pouts for the first 2 hundred miles, and I better have everything I need within reach cuz she won't get it if I need it.

Now if I let her help.....well, it's always my fault that her signal of pointing "up" was meant not to mean I was suppose to raise the hitch on my truck up no, but to go forward and turn my wheels the opposite direction of where all the folks have gathered to watch our show.....

My bad.
This sounds so familiar! My father, God rest his soul, used to say that according to my mother it was his fault that the sun rose in the east each morning. After 42 years of marriage I know what he meant.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:19 AM   #28
Camp CA

If you weighed all the extra, unused stuff you might be surprised how much extra weight you are carrying. I found thes ame issue on my trailer, motorhome and boat...........so occasionally, we have to make an assessment of what unused stuff is reaaly unnecessary to carry and unload it.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:35 AM   #29
flyingjack

wiredgeorge & Island Eddie: +1; a better memory would save me a lot $$.
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote