Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2022, 12:07 PM   #1
slider909

Awning Arm

Camping last week, went out in the morning and saw that the lower arm on the awning was broken, didn't have any rain or winds. It had been looking like it was bending the last few times we went. Called camping world, camper is 9 months old. If they tried hard enough to be helpful than trying to disclaim any coverage it would have been nice. Can't close the awning with the part broken so I took it off and found a local auto body shop, Leon welded it up for me. Put it on, better than new. Lippert made the part, couldn't have made it any cheaper, the end is open and nothing to hold it from ripping. Box the end or tack weld the insert would make it much better.
CW just told me you have to buy the entire awning arms, both sides for like $1,200, $500 to install, plus tax, disposal fees. Now I could drive it there to see if they will cover it as a warranty and use a good $150 in fuel, but knowing how they will always find some excuse as to why it's not covered I'll just make a replacement part, it's about as simple as it comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1995.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	41430  
slider909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning