Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2022, 03:14 PM   #21
Socaldave

We recently purchased a 2018 24' Passport and the air flow through the registers was almost non existent. With the dump shutter open it blew hard. I pulled the cover off and man I tell ya my 7 year old grandson could've done a better job of taping things off. Devider plate was not sealed off properly and the entry of the duct raceways were not aligned properly. I followed this guy's advise and man what a difference it made. The true test will be in two weeks when we take it to the river where average temps this time of year are 105+.
Good luck on getting yours sorted and working properly.

https://youtu.be/TusVLTNm7_s
Old 07-23-2022, 04:12 PM   #22
markcee

RV Airflow users....did you install on both units?

I have a Dometic Brisk Air II 15K main unit, and the same unit, ducted in 13.5K for the bedroom.

Assuming it's worth it to install the RV Airflow package on both units. Thoughts?
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:03 PM   #23
Socaldave

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
I have a Dometic Brisk Air II 15K main unit, and the same unit, ducted in 13.5K for the bedroom.

Assuming it's worth it to install the RV Airflow package on both units. Thoughts?
I looked at it as the video stated and followed that method saving me $$. I am a diy type of guy for most everything though...
To me...worth it either way you go as it made a huge difference in the air distribution. Only downside is you loose the air dump option.
Good luck.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #24
COLUSAR

Keystone new AC vents are not like the vents you may be used to. It circulates the air across the ceiling. If you put your hand off to the side of the vent, you should feel cold air coming out. If not, try turning the vent and see if it changes. They are also much quieter than the old style. Certainly worth a try before you get involved in more extensive solutions.
COLUSAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #25
Jawplw

On our TT we had the same problem with air. after taking down air-conditioning cover we found air going back up the return air and ducks running into the bedroom factory did a poor job with pipping, A lot of holes in the ducking pipe. this was letting the cold air blow into the attic space.
Just back home from a trip to Ohio with temps of 100 degrees. Nice cool air in all the ducks now.
Jawplw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #26
FrankO

Like Mike/T said in a previous post. In the front and rear of your camper the ducts go past the vents and dump cold air into your ceiling. I cut up pool noodles right past the vents and used HVAC tape to seal everything off on the vents and the A/C unit itself. It made a huge difference. I didn't realize how much A/C I was loosing just blowing into the ceiling until I changed out a set of ceiling speakers. Cold air just came rushing out. I sealed everything off and I now have little if any air escaping into the ceiling.
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #27
rlh1957

Some registers are very restrictive on air flow. You can pop one off and see it airflow increases at that register. Go check another register elsewhere.

Then you can determine if you have duct restrictions, fan not running on high, registers restrict airflow, etc.
Many things you can check before spending money or taking to tech.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel Super Duty
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH (8) BattleBorn Lithium Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inverter. SoftStartRV on both AC’s - Predator 3500 generator
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote