Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
OremPhelyn

New to us 2017 Springdale SG 202QBWE

Love exploring our adopted state of Nevada, but there's few places to stay, and sleeping on the ground at age 60+ is no fun. A member of our church sold us his TT and threw in a dual fuel generator, HD hitch, all the hoses, etc. He added two solar panels that keep the batteries charged. Otherwise all stock.

Just replaced the OEM tires. Propane regulator was bad and one stove burner was broken. Working on making it our own, including the ability to work remotely. This will require upgrading / replacing the dinette. Getting locks for the hitch and propane.

Few campsites in Nevada have full hookups so we'll be learning to boondock. Wondering if I need to upgrade the suspension for the many unpaved county roads.

Glad to find this forum and look forward to learning from you all.
OremPhelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:36 AM   #2
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:45 AM   #3
Philvoyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OremPhelyn View Post
Love exploring our adopted state of Nevada, but there's few places to stay, and sleeping on the ground at age 60+ is no fun. A member of our church sold us his TT and threw in a dual fuel generator, HD hitch, all the hoses, etc. He added two solar panels that keep the batteries charged. Otherwise all stock.

Just replaced the OEM tires. Propane regulator was bad and one stove burner was broken. Working on making it our own, including the ability to work remotely. This will require upgrading / replacing the dinette. Getting locks for the hitch and propane.

Few campsites in Nevada have full hookups so we'll be learning to boondock. Wondering if I need to upgrade the suspension for the many unpaved county roads.

Welcome to the forum!
Same age range as you and newly retired , we are also looking at a similar Springdale, the 202rd; as we want to go with boondocking as well, I'm looking at upgrading the axles with a Roadmaster Comfort Ride Leaf Spring Suspension Kit w/ Shock Absorbers; I want also to reinforce the tongue frame and use an Andersen WDH 3394 or similar.
Cheers!
Old 07-16-2022, 05:22 AM   #4
dutchmensport

Congrats on purchasing your Springdale. Welcome to the forums. Our 2nd travel trailer was a Springdale. We had it for 8 years. We don't do boom docking, as pretty much there are very few, if any places to actually boom dock East of the Mississippi River, and we travel Michigan, The Dakotas to Florida and Louisiana, sometimes Oklahoma and Texas, Iowa, and Nebraska. We primary camp Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and the Carolinas. Very few, if any opportunities to boom dock, except Wall Mart type situations, and that just reeks.

Enjoy the new camper, have fun with your modification projects and hope everything provides you a lot of fun and joy. RV ownership and camping is all about that, You know, the pleasure and joy we get out of it.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:27 AM   #5
travelin texans

What are you using to tow this 25' long 6500lb rv into mountainous boonies of Northern Nevada?
Then once in the middle of nowhere you expect wifi to be available so you can work from there?
I wish you good luck with those high expectations!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:32 PM   #6
OremPhelyn

@Philvoyage "Roadmaster Comfort Ride Leaf Spring Suspension Kit w/ Shock Absorbers; I want also to reinforce the tongue frame and use an Andersen WDH 3394 "

Why the upgraded suspension? I'm interested because we travel unpaved gravel roads from time to time and I'm concerned about the impact on the trailer's frame over a period of time.

Our hitch already has anti-sway bars, not sure if that's OEM. Why are you looking at the Anderson upgrade?

2017 Springdale SG 202QBWE
2001 GMC Yukon Denali
Northern Nevada
Old 07-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #7
OremPhelyn

@travelin texans We're towing with a 2001 Yukon Denali XL. It's factory equipped with an HD tow package and transmission cooler. We're adding a brake controller next week. It'll tow 8000 lbs. Trailer GVWR 6,500 lbs: Yukon GVWR is 15,000 lbs.

You misread my statement about working remotely. I have no expectation of cell reception / wifi in remote Nevada locations. We've been there and we know better..I plan to work remotely in Idaho and other locations when we visit family. And we do not expect to leave the principal Nevada county roads which are usually unpaved but smooth gravel surfaced.

2001 GMC Yukon Denali
Northern Nevada
Old 07-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #8
NewbieRVr

Welcome and we are new to RVing as well.
NewbieRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:26 AM   #9
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OremPhelyn View Post

There is a lot of helpful Keystone info in the following link.

https://www.keystonerv.com/owners-how-to
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:32 PM   #10
OremPhelyn

@CWtheMan, thanks for the link, much appreciated!

2001 GMC Yukon Denali
Northern Nevada
Old 07-21-2022, 07:37 PM   #11
OremPhelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philvoyage View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Same age range as you and newly retired , we are also looking at a similar Springdale, the 202rd; as we want to go with boondocking as well, I'm looking at upgrading the axles with a Roadmaster Comfort Ride Leaf Spring Suspension Kit w/ Shock Absorbers; I want also to reinforce the tongue frame and use an Andersen WDH 3394 or similar.
Cheers!
Roadmaster Comfort Ride Leaf Spring Suspension Kit w/ Shock Absorbers; I want also to reinforce the tongue frame and use an Andersen WDH 3394

Why the upgrade? Sounds like it might be a good upgrade for us on the many gravel county roads here in Nevada.

2001 GMC Yukon Denali
Northern Nevada

Tags
springdale