Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2022, 07:01 AM   #1
SLCAMPER

Is slide out all the way

I just pick up a 2015 Laredo 346RD fifth wheel very clean, but the slides don seem to go out all the way to let the floor be flush on the inside.
I have had other RV's with slides that went out and made the floor level on the inside.
Does anyone know about this practical model? I have adjusted the slide mechanism out all the way also. The slide has a Electric system
thanks
SLCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:05 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If the perimeter of the slide is against the wall of the trailer then it is fully extended. What did you go to “adjust” the mechanism?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:13 AM   #3
SLCAMPER

The slide seal is tight on the inner wall of the trailer when out.
I adjust the two large nuts at the end of the piston are so that it would push the slide out further but it didn't go out to where the floor was level
Old 03-05-2022, 07:16 AM   #4
SLCAMPER

The seal is tight on the inside but there is about 3/4" different on the measurement from top to bottom from wall to edge of slide
Old 03-05-2022, 07:23 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCAMPER View Post
The slide seal is tight on the inner wall of the trailer when out.
I adjust the two large nuts at the end of the piston are so that it would push the slide out further but it didn't go out to where the floor was level
The "horseshoie" (facia on the inside) will be what stops the slidefrom moving any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCAMPER View Post
The seal is tight on the inside but there is about 3/4" different on the measurement from top to bottom from wall to edge of slide
If thats the case then the "height" of the room may need adjusting. PUT THE RAM NUTS BACK WHERE THEY WERE, then run the room and and look, post back what you find.

Not all slides are designed for a "flat floor".

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:06 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Based on your comments about adjusting the slide extension rams and the bottom is tight but the top is 3/4" in from the seals, it sounds like you adjusted the slide "out too far".

If the bottom "pulls out more than the top" then the slide will reach the fascia at the bottom but not at the top.

On many lightweight trailers of that era (mine is a 2014) the slides are not a "true flat floor system". I believe your slide is not intended to "extend and fall into a recess to be a "true flat floor".

All of the photos in brochures that I've got of the 2015 Laredo line, none of the slides are "full flat floor systems". One way to determine if your trailer is/is not a flat floor model, is to lift the edge of the carpet flap on your slide. You'll see the slide floor under that flap. If the slide floor is "square and about 3/4" thick or if it is beveled from the bottom to the top, it's designed to "slide into a recess and be flat". On the other hand, if the front edge of the slide floor is beveled from the top surface down to the bottom surface, then it's not a flat floor slide, but rather is a "transition to almost flat floor" slide. From all the indications I have seen, your trailer is not a "true flat floor model"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:51 AM   #7
SLCAMPER

Thanks I will check That is probably the case it is not suppose to be flat which is fine just didn't want anything wrong with slide
Old 03-05-2022, 08:57 AM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

If there is still a gap from top to bottom, you can fix that with the bolts on the brackets at the ends of the slide tubes.

Loosen the lock nut and make sure the bolt is contacting the plate. then loosen the two bolts that hold the bracket, turn the vertical bolt no more than 2 turns at a time. tighten back up and run room. both ends should be adjusted the same amount, and it may take several tries to get it just right. make sure it seals top to bottom both extended and retracted.

Make all adjustments with the slide about 1/2 way out.

Tags
slide, slide out