Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2022, 06:42 AM   #1
Bustinbeards

Under step porch light

I have noticed the light under the steps didn’t work even when the front porch light was on. I pulled the bulb and it is blown. What type of bulb is it and is there an LED replacement? Here is a pic of the bulb.
Bustinbeards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:14 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustinbeards View Post
I have noticed the light under the steps didn’t work even when the front porch light was on. I pulled the bulb and it is blown. What type of bulb is it and is there an LED replacement? Here is a pic of the bulb.
Picture isn't showing. There's a LED equivelent for nearly every light bulb there is. If it looks like your trailer clearence light it's likely a 194 lamp.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:22 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Most "under step lights" are nothing but a clearance light placed in that location. I'd guess that if you look closely, it's the same as the running lights installed around the perimeter of your trailer.

Most are either LED or have an incandescent 194 "marker bulb".

I believe your trailer is a 2019 model? If so, it probably has LED marker lights and the understep light is also an LED. There has been a lot of corrosion "at the pigtails" on those lights. If you take the lens cover off, unscrew the two screws, you can pull it away from the frame rail to access the crimp connections about 8" behind the light. I'd guess, if it's LED, one of them is your issue. If it's incandescent, it's likely the bulb.

Replacement LED fixtures are available most anywhere. Last time I was in WalMart, they had several different styles. Auto Zone, NAPA, O'Reiley's or any other parts store.

ADDED: After I posted I see you edited your post to include a photo of the bulb. It's a 194 "marker light bulb".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:41 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

By a bunch of them if you're not going to change to LED as they are likely in all of your exterio (red & amber) lights as well as the pancake ceiling lights. I canged all mine over years ago and it's been well woth it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 10:21 AM   #5
Bustinbeards

I appreciate the responses. I have all LED lights inside the camper and was surprised this one was incandescent. I ordered 10 of them online for 6$ and will have them on hand to replace as needed. It seemed like the best route to go LED and definitely wanted the porch step light to be an LED.

Here is what I ordered in case anyone is interested.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Miuline-1...ghts/481742986

Tags
light