Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
ironjdf

In command light switch

I have a 2022 cougar and the lights won't turn on with the in command control panel. They work with the switch in the living area and the bedroom. But there is no switch for the awning lights. Anybody have a suggestion of how to reset something?
ironjdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
Mikendebbie

I have read recommendations to remove all power from the RV - battery and shore power…then plug it all back in. This will reboot the incommand

Another thing you might try - go to your incommand control board in the basement ( I assume yours is in the basement storage compartment similar to mine). Remove the clear plastic cover. You will see some relays - 1x1 little black box things. They are simply plugged into the control board. They are all the same - try swapping them out. They are labeled. Find the one that controls interior lights - pull it out and plug another one in. This fixed my issue with interior lights. That relay was weak. You can buy replacements on Amazon ~$10 each if needed…just type in the numbers on the relay and search. The pics below are from another thread on the subject just to show you what the relays look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF69127C-A11F-43E3-8C77-C68A4C826AA9.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	38387  
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 04:14 AM   #3
ironjdf

Thanks for the info Mikendebbie I'll have to look into that tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:16 PM   #4
ironjdf

Thanks again Mikendebbie I unplugged by shore power and disconnect the battery disconnect and waited actually about 10 minutes and voila I could control my lights again through the in command.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:10 PM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironjdf View Post
Thanks again Mikendebbie I unplugged by shore power and disconnect the battery disconnect and waited actually about 10 minutes and voila I could control my lights again through the in command.
Be sure to reconnect the battery disconnect otherwise your batteries won't be charged through the converter.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:09 AM   #6
ironjdf

Oh yeah I turned the battery disconnect back to on and plug the shore power back in. But thanks for pointing that out.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:36 PM   #7
Roons22Coach

Turn off Main breaker in panel, pull black fuse for furnace and all "zone" fuses. Wait 20 seconds and reverse process. Worked for us and don't know why but it did.
Roons22Coach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light