Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2022, 06:19 AM   #1
mlaw33

Black empty in wet bay empties grey

A little background…. I bought this used through a reseller and don’t have much in the way of info/owner manual. I have two black and two grey tanks per my Incommand.

When I pull the black tank handle in the wet bay, through the clear sewer elbow into the septic, it looks like a little bit of black tank being emptied but then the grey tank empties.

My Incommand shows empty grey and not empty black, which could be a sensor.

Also, I see there are two levers along the frame which I presume are for the rear black and grey but I’m guessing.
mlaw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:54 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

We've got no idea what model year or model floorplan trailer you have, nor any idea if it's a fifth wheel or a conventional trailer. So any comments would be "general and not specific to you"... If you include, in your profile, the specific trailer you own and even better, create a signature that would put that information in every post, members could answer questions or make comments that are "specific to your trailer and specific to your concerns"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 07:07 AM   #3
mlaw33

My apologies, this is my first time posting and I thought my registry info would appear.

2019 Fuzion 429
mlaw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:14 AM   #4
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaw33 View Post
When I pull the black tank handle in the wet bay, through the clear sewer elbow into the septic, it looks like a little bit of black tank being emptied but then the grey tank empties.
My first guess is that you may have a bit of black left in the exit piping, because you didn't flush the black tank during the last dump. Also, if you dump black first and gray last, it takes care of rinsing the exit pipe.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:21 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
My first guess is that you may have a bit of black left in the exit piping, because you didn't flush the black tank during the last dump. Also, if you dump black first and gray last, it takes care of rinsing the exit pipe.
Or, you have a leaking black tank valve that isn't fully closing. When you dump the black tank, clean the sewer hose, then, at the next dump, you have black tank contents present before opening any valve, I'd suspect a leaking valve before believing that after 2 or 3 years, suddenly something changed in the plumbing system, or that an obvious incorrectly marked valve escaped detection for all those years....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #6
LHaven

Although usually when that's the case, it shows up right when you take the cap off, not when you pull the gray lever...

Addendum: I see I missed part of the original issue, which is that the lever marked black is actually emptying the gray. It's not uncommon for the factory to reverse the labels. I guess the question is, do you have a control that successfully empties the black?
Old 01-31-2022, 02:19 PM   #7
Essvar

Quote:
Also, I see there are two levers along the frame which I presume are for the rear black and grey but I’m guessing.

The two levers in your convenience center should be Main Living Black and Kitchen Grey.

The two levers on the frame are for the Main Living Bathroom and for the rear bathroom black (the rear bathroom only has 1 tank)

An easy way to check your main black tank lever is to empty all tanks, then add water and coloring (food coloring works) to the main black tank ONLY. Pull the levers until the proper one reveals itself.
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:51 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
My apologies, this is my first time posting and I thought my registry info would appear.

2019 Fuzion 429
Signatures can be created by clicking the UserCP button at top.left of every page. Put your year, make and model of camper and the same for your tow vehicle and this info will help give answers to your questions some context.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote