Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2021, 02:23 PM   #21
NH_Bulldog

I bought a Leviton plug end for $2.97 at HD, added a 12 ga jumper between neutral and ground, squirted a dab of silicone in the open end and it’s done. Took me about 2 minutes to make.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #22
jasin1

I know it’s super easy to make one but for the little bit of money to have a sealed factory soldered plug, it was a no brainer to me.
I never have to worry about the connection coming loose after being thrown in the storage compartment and moved around a thousand times.
I do all my own electrical work, and do that for a living as well but it makes no sense to build your own imo.. it’s like building your own receptacle if you could...why? ...they are cheap enough to buy one.
I’ve seen extension cords over the years where people replace the ends( I do it as well) they always seems to come loose from prolonged use and abuse
Old 05-02-2021, 04:28 PM   #23
MarkEHansen

Yeah, manufactured products never have problems
Old 05-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Yeah, manufactured products never have problems
Not sure what your point is but ..yeah... a factory made and assembled neutral bonding plug that is made and marketed for that exact purpose probabaly is 1000 times more reliable then a homade cobbled together plug with someone who may or may not know how to strip a wire and make a good connection with a tight little loop of wire and tighten the screws with the wrong size Phillips screwdriver.
But if you want to save between $4 and $8 making your own the by all means go ahead. You can find them for around $8 with tax.. I’d rather just do that
Old 05-02-2021, 05:24 PM   #25
NH_Bulldog

If one has the knowledge and expertise and the comfort level, why not do it yourself? I do my own wheel bearing maintenance too. It’s not to save a few bucks, it’s because I have the knowledge and expertise and comfort level to do it myself. If one prefers to buy a ready-made product or to pay someone to repack and adjust their wheel bearings that is their individual choice, their freedom of choice.

I don’t disparage anyone for making whatever choice they are comfortable with and I don’t force my opinion on anyone. I just share what works for me, as do many on this site and that is what makes this such a great place
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:27 PM   #26
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
If one has the knowledge and expertise and the comfort level, why not do it yourself? I do my own wheel bearing maintenance too. It’s not to save a few bucks, it’s because I have the knowledge and expertise and comfort level to do it myself. If one prefers to buy a ready-made product or to pay someone to repack and adjust their wheel bearings that is their individual choice, their freedom of choice.

I don’t disparage anyone for making whatever choice they are comfortable with and I don’t force my opinion on anyone. I just share what works for me, as do many on this site and that is what makes this such a great place
I agree and I’m not trying to force my opinion.. if you know how to do it... but to explain to someone that may not know and they do not connect the neutral to ground and make a mistake or it comes loose a year from now it just doesn’t seem worth it for a few dollars
Anyway enough of that, forgive me if I disparaged you, Happy camping ...right?
Old 05-02-2021, 05:41 PM   #27
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghornet54 View Post
Hello everyone, I have a 2920BH with the13500 btu AC. I'm looking for a generator to power the AC and the living room lights. ...

Thanks for the help.
It's not cheap, but it's a very good generator. It's not light weight, but it runs between 14 and 18 hours on a full tank of gas (little over 3 gallons). It's very quiet, you can talk a normal voice standing right beside it. And it powers a 30 amp trailer, exactly as if you were plugged into 30 amp shore power and doesn't miss a beat. If you run it in parallel, you can easily run everything on a 50 amp camper, same as plugged into 50 amp shore power. It comes with a 30 amp RV plug, two 15 amp plugs, 2 USB ports for charging things, remote start, has wheels to move easy and works wonderful!

What is it? Cummings Onan P4500i. Click here.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #28
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
I bought a Leviton plug end for $2.97 at HD, added a 12 ga jumper between neutral and ground, squirted a dab of silicone in the open end and it’s done. Took me about 2 minutes to make.
They are very easy to make, here is mine.

-Brian

Tags
generator, passport