Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2021, 07:03 AM   #1
Javi

Winegard GW-1000 Gateway 4G LTE WiFi Router WITH 360 +

Winegard GW-1000 Gateway 4G LTE WiFi Router is anyone using one and if so how do you like it.. and are you using the AT&T data plan?
Old 01-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
Javi

Surely someone is or has used this with the Wingard 360+

With Keystone putting the 360+ on their trailers it would look like someone would be utilizing their gateway modem for WIFI and 4G LTE...

My DW can't stay off of the internet, but most of the places we camp need a boost for reception and supposedly this thing offers it for like $260 plus data plan..

Plus the trailer is prewired for it..
Old 01-26-2021, 12:17 PM   #3
behrmr

The couple of times I used mine last year it worked fine. I just purchased a SIM from Verizon and tacked it on to my existing unlimited shared everything cell phone plan.

I used it in both ways. E.g. as a broadband router and to connect to the campground's wifi to relay it to my wifi.

I did find at one campground where the cell reception wasn't great that I was able to get a better signal from the winegard than my phone alone could get, presumably because the antennae are roof mounted vs 3 feet off the ground in my hand.
behrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:18 PM   #4
jasin1

https://www.rvnews.com/keystone-rv-c...or-2020-units/
I need to look into that as well. I was thinking mine was a winegard 360 on my 2020 but according to this it should be the 360+
Old 01-26-2021, 06:23 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by behrmr View Post
The couple of times I used mine last year it worked fine. I just purchased a SIM from Verizon and tacked it on to my existing unlimited shared everything cell phone plan.

I used it in both ways. E.g. as a broadband router and to connect to the campground's wifi to relay it to my wifi.

I did find at one campground where the cell reception wasn't great that I was able to get a better signal from the winegard than my phone alone could get, presumably because the antennae are roof mounted vs 3 feet off the ground in my hand.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. Most of the off the beaten path campgrounds we stay in don't have WIFI and she burns up our shared data plan pretty quickly. I used to think 8 Gigs was more than enough. She burned it up in 9 days between Christmas and New Years..

Tags
wifi