Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #1
Papa of 7

Water leaks!!!

I now could hire on as a maintenance man for Keystone if I wanted a job. 😆 I just got back from Fall Creek Falls State Park here in Tennessee, I had a leak under the kitchen sink and tighted the cold water connection at the campsite. This morning I decided I needed to check the screw fittings on that sink and the bathroom sink. With the water off I tightened all of those, all but one was loose. After I turned the water on to see if I had stopped that leak I noticed the drain had a drip on the black pipe, I tightened those, they were loose as a goose. Then I saw a After discussing here about the black tank flush, I decided to tackle that thinking it was hooked up backwards, come to find out it was just loose also were in screws onto the diaphragm valve. It was also loose were it went through the camper wall, I pulled it out and tightened. My first post here a couple weeks ago was I had no 120V, but after great suggestions here I found a broken wire behind the electric panel. Btw this was a new 2020 Keystone Passport 2950bh purchased in June this year. I hope this information helps someone else!
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for the info.

In another post I opined about the fun of buying a new trailer and the opportunity it gave a new owner to explore every nook and cranny - that's because if you don't right up front those little gremlins are going to pop up and make you do it anyway!

I've never bought a new trailer that didn't have a water connection leak somewhere so I just crawl into/under every location where there is going to be a fitting and check them. Invariably (every time) there will be a connection, or several, loose. At least the black tank flush valve on this one, unlike others, was installed correctly and did not leak! Good luck and I hope all the gremlins have presented themselves and it will now be clear sailing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:15 AM   #3
Papa of 7

And thanks again for all the help and support ��
Papa of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Your hired
If you buy new, a decent tech that does a proper PDI will check every water and drain connection before it’s delivered.

Yeah, yeah, I know..that means “doing your job”, not something a lot of new techs are wanting to do

Rant off.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, water, water leak