Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Bucky

Arrow 2018 Springdale awning lights

I recently bought a used 2018 Springdale. The model number is SM2980BHGS. I have a problem getting the awning lights to come on. I think the switch for these lights is located beside the main interior light switch, but when I turn it on, nothing comes on, anywhere. I checked the location on the awning rail where the wires go into the camper, but I don't see any naked wires or worn spots. The light strip looks fine, I don't see any burnt spots or anything.

I guess, the first thing I need to figure out is if that is the right switch, and if it is, why are the lights not coming on? I've read that there should be a 3 amp inline fuse for the awning lights, but I have no idea where to find it.

Any help that you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks!
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

There probably is an in line fuse, it will be behind the panel with the switches. Don’t put a higher rated fuse in than what’s there. If it blows right away, then there is an issue with either the wiring or the LED strip.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Bucky

Thanks for the welcome.

Is there a secret to popping off the switch cover? I didn't see any exposed screws anywhere.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you post a picture of the panel I can say for sure, but it sounds like there is a plastic trim ring on the edge. If so very carefully pry on the ring and it will lift off. Then there will be 6 screws holding the panel on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:25 AM   #5
Bucky

Thanks Chuck! I got to the fuse. It was blown. Going to get a new 3 amp fuse now to see if that takes care of my problem, or if it just blows again.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 AM   #6
Bucky

The fuse worked. Two small bad spots in the light strip, but I'm not to worried about that right now. Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_111210.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	29133  
Old 08-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
The fuse worked. Two small bad spots in the light strip, but I'm not to worried about that right now. Thanks for your help!
I wouldn't replace the LED strip due to couple bad spots, I guarantee there will be more sooner than later. Wait til it's half out then buy a couple strips, as they'll last just about as long.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #8
Westfall20

Summerland 2960BH

I have an LED issue as well… 2017 summer land 2960BH, light went out and not sure if it’s the strip or an electrical issue.

My first thought was to replace the strip. However, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it disconnected. There is not simple disconnect and feels like if I force it, it’ll break.

I read these posts about the fuse so I want to check that now. Any idea where that is in this particular trailer?

Thanks!!
Westfall20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:31 AM   #9
bsmith0404

The in-line fuse should be behind the panel just like it was for the OP. There may also be a fuse in the circuit panel. As for removing the light strip, is held on with 3M (two sided tape). Just grab the end and pull.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #10
Bucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfall20 View Post
I have an LED issue as well… 2017 summer land 2960BH, light went out and not sure if it’s the strip or an electrical issue.

My first thought was to replace the strip. However, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it disconnected. There is not simple disconnect and feels like if I force it, it’ll break.

I read these posts about the fuse so I want to check that now. Any idea where that is in this particular trailer?

Thanks!!
My fuse was located behind the switch that turns those light on and off
Old 06-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #11
Westfall20

Thank you! Panel just inside of the front door?
Westfall20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:48 AM   #12
Bucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfall20 View Post
Thank you! Panel just inside of the front door?
Yes I think so. Just inside the door.

Tags
awning, light, lights, springdale