Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
bkashur

Outdoor Water Closet

We just purchased our 2019 avalanche. We have had several travel trailers in the past. That being said, this plumbing system is very confusing to me. It took me forever just to fill the darn thing with water. I finally just used trial and error. The owners manual gives zero detail on where these various levers should be in the outdoor water closet. They make no sense to me. Now, I need to be sure all these valves are in the right position to operate this weekend. I'm especially concerned with the water heater bypass lever. Is it correct? And, what are the two valves for at the bottom. They go to a blue and a red hose. What are they for? Thank you in advance. I searched youtube and the internet was not able to locate anything to help. I feel absolutely stupid but the labels make no sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4045.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	28817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4046.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	28818  
bkashur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
GaryUT

When the water heater bypass valve is in the vertical position like you have it now the heater is NOT bypassed. To bypass the heater turn the valve to the horizontal position.

The tank fill power fresh valve is set for normal flow, this is where it should be for using city water. With water supplied to the inlet turning the valve vertical will allow water to fill the tank.

The winterize valve is set to the off position, this is the normal position. When you set it to the on position the pump will suck antifreeze in through the freeze guard port.

My trailer does not have the red and blue lines, they look to me like they are the low point drains. Look underneath and see if the lines end under the trailer, if they do than they are drains. I would get some silicone sealer and seal around the red and blue lines, there are gaps that can allow insects into the trailer.

Gary

2019 Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab
GaryUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
bkashur

Thank you!

I appreciate tour help! And good idea with the silicone.
bkashur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #4
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryUT View Post
My trailer does not have the red and blue lines, they look to me like they are the low point drains. Look underneath and see if the lines end under the trailer, if they do than they are drains. I would get some silicone sealer and seal around the red and blue lines, there are gaps that can allow insects into the trailer.
Gary
Yes they are the low point drains, be gentle with them they tend to pull all the way out if not careful.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water