Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
rburckhart

Humming noise in hot water system

We have a '07 Cougar 292RKS with a Suburban water heater. We just pulled our rig from OH to FL to spend the winter. I'm puzzled by a "humming" noise we have whenever we open a hot water faucet (whether the water has been heated or not). I thought it might be the lack of an air gap, so I just performed the air gap proceedure (twice) which had no effect on the problem. Any of you fellow Keystone owners ever encountered this problem?
Thanks,
Dick
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

If you can access the back of the water heater ... put your hand on the upper-most fitting while someone opens a faucet. There is a check-valve in this fitting. Vibrations or "Hums" are usually caused in valves ... this one and the bypass valve are the only ones that affect hot water only. Check to see if bypass valve is full open. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
rburckhart

I finally got around to fixing this today. I've had the new check valve for several weeks and put off installing it. All in all, it went fairly easy; I did need to use a deep dish socket and a breaker bar to break the old one loose, but after that all went well, thank the Lord!
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
hankaye

rburckhart, Howdy;

As a former Buckeye (non-native), I would have put it down to Heading South for the winter...

Always nice to have a happy camper.....

hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote