Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
CWtheMan

Statesboro, GA

A couple of years ago we got tired of taking the interstates all the way to Florida. (Both our grand children and families live in Jacksonville, FL). Our little senior retirement community in Taylors, SC is close to US-25. So we started taking that highway down to Statesboro, GA and spending the night before continuing on to Jacksonville, FL.

The Parkwood RV Park is situated right on US-25 and US-301. It was very convenient for us and has all the amenities we liked and were accustomed to using. There are nice large, easy to get into, level sites. You can get FHU service with 50 amps, free CATV & WI-FI. There are plenty of places to eat very close by and big rig friendly service stations, all with diesel & gas pumps.

When we left there we took US-301 south and connect up with US-1 which took us right into Jacksonville. All of the rural roads were in excellent condition with many places to pull-off if needed. Most of the speed limits were 55 - 65 MPH with light traffic flow on week days. We got our best fuel economy at 55 - 62 MPH so that helped a little on the fuel budget.

Here are a few pictures of our parking site when last there and a glimpse of the park roads.

https://parkwoodrv.com/

The pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them and the RV park link is active for browsing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parkwood RV Park - Statesboro, GA - 1.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	26199 Click image for larger version

Name:	Parkwood RV Park - Statesboro, GA - 2.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	26200

Name:	Parkwood RV Park - Statesboro, GA - 3.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	26201 Click image for larger version

Name:	Parkwood RV Park - Statesboro, GA - 5.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	26202

Name:	Parkwood RV Park - Statesboro, GA - 6.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	26203
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
Big1

Wow, that is very nice and clean campsite, it's too bad that I'm on the other side of the U.S.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #3
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Wow, that is very nice and clean campsite, it's too bad that I'm on the other side of the U.S.
We have stayed an numerous military RV Parks all across the country. So far, Fort Bliss has had the most modern and up-to date facilities and parking sites.

Name:	Fort Bliss RV Park - El Paso, TX.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	26205
Old 04-09-2020, 10:29 PM   #4
Big1

Fort Bliss, I was station near there but that was back in the day, I guess that I'm going to have to make a trip up there.

Have you been to Whidbey Island to the Navy Base I think it Cliffside RV Park if you haven't you, should check it out online?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:48 AM   #5
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Fort Bliss, I was station near there but that was back in the day, I guess that I'm going to have to make a trip up there.

Have you been to Whidbey Island to the Navy Base I think it Cliffside RV Park if you haven't you, should check it out online?
At one time or another during our full time years we hit all 48 lower states. We never went past Seattle. We made that swing one year when the whole west coast was wet.

However, I visited Whidbey Island, NAS a few times during my more than 30 years in Naval aviation but that was a long time ago in the very early 70s.