Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2020, 10:13 AM   #21
cliff

Had the same problem. Turned out to be both the control board and the flame sensor
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #22
CedarCreekWoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcwilson View Post
I am basing my opinion of what is wrong from forum conversations I've read here and from what the factory told me was probably the problem based on my description of what the furnace was doing......if its not the sail switch so be it. I still need a model tech regardless.

And from what I've read here on this forum replacing the sail switch is a common issue......and it was the first thing the factory rep mentioned. Personally I don't care if it is or it isn't, I just want it fixed.....
You have the right idea...call a tech and let him diagnose it.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #23
DynoGuy

I had a similar problem with my new 2019 Raptor 2 weeks after I got it this fall. Keystone in their infinite wisdom uses some pos micro circuit breaker for the furnace, it looks like a ATC fuse but it doesn't have the little fuseable link in it. The tech came out and replaced it with a std fuse and it's worked ever since. It's located in the main fuse panel.
DynoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #24
slman

So, how about my 2006 ish. 18' trailer. I set the wall thermo. all the way to the 'off' position ( ah, ...er...doesn't say off, but push the setting tab all the way to the left, lowest setting) but the furnace fan comes on and won't shut off. ( It's like 39 degrees in the trailer, and colder outside of course). I pulled the fuse 15 amp to shut it off. What say you about why I have to totally kill power to the heating unit...or whole trailer... to have it stay off. ?
slman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #25
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slman View Post
So, how about my 2006 ish. 18' trailer. I set the wall thermo. all the way to the 'off' position ( ah, ...er...doesn't say off, but push the setting tab all the way to the left, lowest setting) but the furnace fan comes on and won't shut off. ( It's like 39 degrees in the trailer, and colder outside of course). I pulled the fuse 15 amp to shut it off. What say you about why I have to totally kill power to the heating unit...or whole trailer... to have it stay off. ?
Sounds like the thermostat is not working. If you know how they are supposed to work, troubleshoot it otherwise just buy a new one and if that doesn't fix it, return it and order a new board. Make sure it's the Dinosaur brand, they are reliable.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #26
CedarCreekWoody

Are you sure you gave the blower enough time to shut off? Once the burner cuts off the blower will run a short time to cool done the chamber.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:01 AM   #27
slman

Try it on the heating cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Are you sure you gave the blower enough time to shut off? Once the burner cuts off the blower will run a short time to cool done the chamber.
Even with the Propane Bottles shut off, no heat demand or cycle, it runs.

My view of it....the thermo. seems independent of the loop, and...senses the cold, and keeps running. Just for kicks, today I will go out to the trailer, plug power in, and run the furnace and see if it works while heating the trailer. That is- shuts off after 75 degrees or so.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #28
slman

Took the Thermo cover off, looks like new. I observed the top switch making contact/ or not, moving it back and forth. Looked like the 'copper strip (tab) to make on/ off contact was too close, touching...making contact..IN THE OFF position.....thereby telling the furnace fan to remain on. I slightly ( very ) bent it out, and the system works perfect in the 3 cycles I ran it through. Simple fix for a simple old fashion switch mechanism.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #29
Augie

Do you mind me asking how you finally resolved your problem? I have the same unit and am having the same problem. Also, we find that the furnace exhaust is really noisy compared to our previous trailer (actually had a complaint from a neighbouring camper last fall). Thanks for the feedback!
Augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:40 PM   #30
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Do you mind me asking how you finally resolved your problem? I have the same unit and am having the same problem. Also, we find that the furnace exhaust is really noisy compared to our previous trailer (actually had a complaint from a neighbouring camper last fall). Thanks for the feedback!
Does it blow warm air before shutting down? If it does it is most likely a bad board. The Dinosaur brand are the best, look for a FAN50PLUS.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
Old 01-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #31
Augie

You bet, keeps the trailer toasty warm just really annoying, on-off-on-off etc. Also really loud, any thoughts about that?
Old 01-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #32
sonofcy

Quote:
You bet, keeps the trailer toasty warm just really annoying, on-off-on-off etc. Also really loud, any thoughts about that?
How deep is deep. Use your phone to get a DB reading at say 3 ft and report the number here, I will do the same.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
Old 01-28-2021, 04:48 PM   #33
Augie

Thanks S, can't now as I don't have immediate access to the camper, but will when I do! Just based on my judgement its much louder thank our Sprinter was to the point where we actually had an RV Park manager tell us that he had complaints last fall from other campers when we were in Fernie (and it was cold). Its not bad inside but being honest outside it sounds like a 737 spooling up!
Old 01-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks S, can't now as I don't have immediate access to the camper, but will when I do! Just based on my judgement its much louder thank our Sprinter was to the point where we actually had an RV Park manager tell us that he had complaints last fall from other campers when we were in Fernie (and it was cold). Its not bad inside but being honest outside it sounds like a 737 spooling up!

What furnace was in your last RV (btu)? They can be loud and are part of RVing. We just had a couple pull in next to us (45' wide spaces) and they used their furnace vs heat pump. It actually woke me up in the early AM - just part of it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:20 PM   #35
Augie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What furnace was in your last RV (btu)? They can be loud and are part of RVing. We just had a couple pull in next to us (45' wide spaces) and they used their furnace vs heat pump. It actually woke me up in the early AM - just part of it.
Both were/are 35,000 BTU ... not sure about make and model in our former camper. 🤷*♂️

Tags
furnace