Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
kayakjim

Removing Dinette

I am thinking of removing my dinette from my 2019 Cougar and replacing it with a free standing table. Am I going to find any surprises when I start ripping stuff out?
kayakjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Unsure of which model trailer you have, so this is speculation. Most dinettes are manufactured outside the RV, then installed and screwed to the floor/walls. Removing them is usually just a matter of finding all the screws, being careful with the removal and careful removal through the RV door.

The biggest challenge will probably be dealing with the compressed carpet under the dinette.

If you install a pedestal table, be careful not to screw through the slide floor as the point on "too long screws" can tear the carpet/vinyl when the slide comes in. If your dining area is not in a slide, be careful because there may be a tank, a ROMEX run, a water line or a heat duct directly under the floor. Screws driven too deeply can penetrate any of those structures.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you install a pedestal table, be careful not to screw through the slide floor as the point on "too long screws" can tear the carpet/vinyl when the slide comes in.
Did this. My table fell over one trip, so I screwed it down with bigger screws. Ripped up the floor in my kitchen.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette