Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
jkrickpsu02

Raptor 365LEV tank questions

Hi all. We are new to this camping thing! Our 365LEV systems monitor shows tanks as follows:

Grey1
Black1
Grey2
Black2

We drained black then grey and black1 and grey1 emptied but the guages for black2 and grey2 still show 2/3 full and 1/3 full. Any idea why? Is there a way to empty those tanks? The valve outside only shows black and grey, one for each.

Should that valve empty both black tanks and both grey tanks?

Thanks for your help!
jkrickpsu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Jim W

Hi, First welcome to the forum.
The proper way to empty the tanks should be as follows.
Empty both black tank first, then empty the gray water tanks.This allows the gray water to clean out the sewer hose.
Now as far as the indicators showing 2/3 full and 1/3 full you might have toilet paper on the black tank sensor. This should be cleaned by flushing the black water tank with the black water tank sprayer. This is usually on the outside near the city fresh water intake, it is labeled. I also dump four to six buckets (5 gallons)of water down the toilet. This helps in cleaning the tank.
Now on my model of camper there are two gray water release valves. One is by the black water valve and the other is on the outside in front of the front tire on the driver side.
On my other fiver, I had two gray water valves also and one of the valve controls was in back. I would look around for a second valve handle and this will empty the second tank.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

It is not uncommon for your tank gauges to show faulty readings. As Jim mentioned in his post, TP and other "stuff" can get hung up on the sensors and you will get goofy readings even though you have just emptied your tanks. Even after a thorough emptying and cleaning, some tanks will still show that they are partially full. One of RVing's frustrating quirks.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
jkrickpsu02

Thanks Jim! It was not a faulty reading at all! There is a second set of dump valves under the slide out above the wheel, not marked and easy to miss. Drained everything right away!

Nobody (dealer, service, etc) mentioned anything about it!
jkrickpsu02 is offline   Reply With Quote