Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
heiserk0410

Lippert Wireless Remote

The DW and I picked up our new Keystone Laredo 289srl last Thursday. We've been getting ourselves familiar with the new rig, putting our camping gear in, and going over the mountains of documentation. While going through the paperwork, I found some information on the Lippert Wireless Remote. I was like "Hmm...what's this?" The Dealer never went over a wireless remote with us at the PDI. I also found a charger (similar to a cell phone charger) in the pouch with all the documentation. I asked the DW "What' this?" So after a quick Google search, we have come to the conclusion that the charger is for the wireless remote which we do not have in the 5'er. I emailed our salesman. He says I have to call and speak with the service department. I call the service department. Service manager does some checking and says they can't verify that I'm supposed to get the remote and I need to have the salesman check with the factory. So...back to the salesman. 5 minutes later he sends me an email stating that it didn't come with that option.

Then why do I have the documentation and the charger? Something doesn't add up. I called the factory and Keystone is going to double check for me. Why would I have the documentation and the charger if it doesn't come with the remote?

heiserk0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Do some searching in the forward compartments of your new trailer. If there is a remote receiver unit installed, you'll find it there. It's usually on the curb side, forward compartment, mounted to the forward upright wall and connected to the battery/battery cutoff switch. It'll look very much like this picture. I have seen the receiver mounted on the underside of the upper deck floor (on the ceiling of the passthrough) so search thoroughly....

If you have the receiver unit, then you need the handheld unit to operate it. If you can't find the receiver unit mounted in your trailer, there's a possibility that someone put the charger/info packet in the wrong "owner's packet"... But, my guess would be that you've got the remote receiver and you should have the handheld unit, but somehow it got "misplaced" or "moved to a different trailer" or "provided to another customer" and you're left "holding the bag" ......

Bottom line: If you find something that looks like this picture in your trailer, your salesman owes you a better explanation AND a replacement handheld remote unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CONTROL BOARD 1 (2).jpg
Views:	376
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	12520  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
heiserk0410

Thanks John. I'll take a look!
heiserk0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiserk0410 View Post
The DW and I picked up our new Keystone Laredo 289srl last Thursday. We've been getting ourselves familiar with the new rig, putting our camping gear in, and going over the mountains of documentation. While going through the paperwork, I found some information on the Lippert Wireless Remote. I was like "Hmm...what's this?" The Dealer never went over a wireless remote with us at the PDI. I also found a charger (similar to a cell phone charger) in the pouch with all the documentation. I asked the DW "What' this?" So after a quick Google search, we have come to the conclusion that the charger is for the wireless remote which we do not have in the 5'er. I emailed our salesman. He says I have to call and speak with the service department. I call the service department. Service manager does some checking and says they can't verify that I'm supposed to get the remote and I need to have the salesman check with the factory. So...back to the salesman. 5 minutes later he sends me an email stating that it didn't come with that option.

Then why do I have the documentation and the charger? Something doesn't add up. I called the factory and Keystone is going to double check for me. Why would I have the documentation and the charger if it doesn't come with the remote?

Just a chance... look for a small remote holder located near the control panel... Mine is just above my thermostat and fan maxfan control
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
Canonman

We found ours in the fridge/freezer with the TV remote. We had to go back to the dealer for the charger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5119.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	12522  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #6
GRADIFIED

My Lippert remote control receiver blew the circuit providing +12vdc to the manual switches. I replaced it with the LC305117 Replacement 5-function remote receiver with replaceable fuses. This unit uses the LC358601 touchscreen remote to program and control the board. Etrailer has a good price on both and instructions to program the functions including landing gear, stabilizer, slides, awnings, lights etc. The control also allows you to assign 1 of 4 fuses per function. For instance the landing gear uses fuse 1 a 30 amp fuse and also the main slide uses fuse 1. The stabilizer uses fuse 2 a 20 amp fuse. This flexibiilty allows you to properly fuse the particular device you've assigned to a function. The remote allows you to assign a unique PIN to unlock the remote however in order to program the fuses you must acquire another unique PIN which you will discover is not readily available. I did find a reference though which refers to a Lippert page on which one can find the PIN. It is definitely there and will take you a little head scratching to figure it out but be patient and I guarantee you will get it.The only reason I won't divulge is the same reason the person who referred to the site, possible liability. Should you assign a fuse of higher than necessary value to a function it's possible you could damage something and don't expect to blame someone else. The advantage of having these replaceable fuses is you should not have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace an entire assembly. File this away or if you're considering adding remote capability to your rig then check out etrailer for pricing and availability. Good luck!
GRADIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
GRADIFIED

I completely forgot the link to the page https://www.lci1.com/history
GRADIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote