Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
BlueThunder34

2810BH Size Issues at Campgrounds?

I think we have finally decided to upgrade from our Springdale 240BH to the Passport 2810BH! My only concern is the longer length of the trailer, does anyone have this trailer or size of trailer and have experienced any significant issues fitting into the normal state campgrounds? I know its only about 4' longer than our current trailer but we don't have a ton of experience with max campsite lengths at most state parks. It seems like in our area 32' seem to be the max stated but wanted to hear some real world experiences with trailers of this size.

Thanks in advance!
BlueThunder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
ImTravis

Ours is a 30ft box, and we hit some maxes. Just read the descriptions of the site if you've never been before and add a few more feet for bumper and a frame. I use a general rule of stating my trailer is 35 ft long, and it's helped me narrow down. Most times you'll need to be a little creative how your park your tv. It still gives me plenty of options for state campground camping.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
mfifield01

I have the 2810BH. I haven't had any problems fitting into State Parks in Texas (back in). I do see some areas that state 30'. Occasionally, I need to park the TV at an angle in front of the trailer to fit.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
Tbos

I bought one last year. Haven't had an issue yet. I just tell them I have a 35' too.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
nesparky

Sounds like some of the campground need to enlarge there sites. I own a 38' Avalanche and noticed that a lot of the new 5th wheels seem to be 36'-40'+ in length.
nesparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
Nuke

We have a 2015 30RIPR which comes in just north of 35 feet, not counting the extra 2 feet we've added to the rear for storage (only plastic sewer hose in a plastic container). We've experienced no length problems at state or private campgrounds other than TV parking. We do, on occasion, have to park the TV a little more carefully.

For the comfort and space in the longer trailer, well worth the squeeze!
Sophie and Chloe (mini Schnauzers)
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #7
BlueThunder34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
We have a 2015 30RIPR which comes in just north of 35 feet, not counting the extra 2 feet we've added to the rear for storage (only plastic sewer hose in a plastic container). We've experienced no length problems at state or private campgrounds other than TV parking. We do, on occasion, have to park the TV a little more carefully.

For the comfort and space in the longer trailer, well worth the squeeze!

How does your F-150 handle that length of trailer? I also have a 2014 F-150 and wondered how it will feel with the longer trailer (current trailer is 29' overall and new one is 31' 10"). Also are you happy with the quality of the Bullet? We are getting a Bullet 272.
Thanks
BlueThunder34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #8
Nuke

We really like the Bullet, especially the large living area and separated bedroom. While we've had some issues (overhead lights nearly catching fire, table warped, shower not caulked from factory etc.), overall we're happy with the unit. Quality (read Attention to Detail) could be better, but we're satisfied with the outcome.

I have to say, the set-up of the WDH makes ALL the difference when towing. The first time I towed, it was a white-knuckle experience as the WDH was 'dialed-in' by the dealer (not even close!). Once I got the WDH dialed in, and learned how to use/interpret the tow feature of the truck, towing is pleasant. We've logged over 3500 miles on longer trips thus far (one year).

If I had it to do over again, I would definitely have both the F150 and the 30RIPR!

We hope you enjoy your new Bullet as much as we do ours!
Sophie and Chloe (mini Schnauzers)
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #9
mom2budnbug

We have found some of the older WA state parks and Federal parks have smaller pads. We enjoy camping at the Dalles Campground, but there are only about 4 sites we can fully fit our Bullet 230BH in, even though the website says we can. Silver Springs is about the same. Enjoy!

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

Some of the older Federal, State and county campgrounds that were built "way back when" still have sites that were designed and constructed for tenters, P/U trucks and campers, or tent trailers. Many of today's mid-sized and large RV's can't use them because of their small, cramped site size.

However, many of these campgrounds have undergone site enlargements and updates to accommodate today's larger RV's. Depending upon funding for RV parks, you will still find some government campgrounds that are really only suitable for smaller RV's.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #11
CaptnJohn

We have a 35' 5er towed with an F250 Super Crew diesel. Always inform when making reservations or asking about sites what we will arrive with. Some know if they have something acceptable and some have no clue. Some will try to put us on a site that is like putting an elephant into pantyhose.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote