Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
DenverCZBob

Thought I would update this in the event it helps someone else.
Our first trip this year in the Colorado mountains (about 10,000 ft) and the fridge was back to the same old.
Check light coming on at different periods. maybe last 10 minutes, maybe a few hours.
Did not want to drive it all the way back up north to the dealer only to have them tell me the fridge is fine and runs great when plugged in on AC . Of course our batteries were always checking at 12.4 v or above but i digress...
I decided to buy the after market board by Dinosaur. Went back to the same campsite this weekend and the fridge ran great. No check light other than the very 'dim' check light that Dinosaur says is normal and has to do with dealing with smart and dumb eyebrows. Got to the camp at 2:00pm on Friday. We used lights, fan water heater anytime we wanted. Didn't use the gen until Sunday morning because DW wanted to use the AC drip coffee maker. Before turning on the gen the volts read 12.4 and the fridge was doing great.
Going up again in a few weeks or so to same area. Will give a quick report after.
Thanks again for all the info and effort you guys provided!

-bob
DenverCZBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 PM   #22
Tom N OH

Seeing as how the one common denominator was that the fridge was running on LP, my question would be whether your LP cylinders were ever properly purged prior to the first fill. In the higher elevations & at night when the temperatures drop, moisture in your LP cylinders could cause regulator freeze ups. Read this article & be informed.

http://home.earthlink.net/~derekgore...like/id45.html

2017 F350 CC LB SRW 6.7
2015 Montana HC 305RL
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:03 AM   #23
DenverCZBob

Thanks for the link Tom.
I will check it out.

-bob
Old 07-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #24
hankaye

Howdy All;

Sure would have been nice if the fella that wrote the article
in the link would have thrown in a few photos to show exactly
what it was he was referring to, otherwise not to bad.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #25
DenverCZBob

This will be my last post on this unless something changes.
We went for our third trip this camping season and the fridge with the new Dinosaur Board worked flawlessly. Did not use our generator at all,(we added a new electric tongue jack even), lowest our batteries read was 12.3 during lights and fan use.
Hope this helps someone else with similar problem.
Thanks to all who replied!

-bob
Old 05-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #26
Bill K

The fridge problem is linked to the gap between the propane gas orifice and the burner tube assembly. The gap is too great and when we camp above 5500' I had the same problem. The propane gas boils off too quick when the atmospheric pressure drops. Not enough gas to ignite. It's all related to Boyle's Law. I fixed it by placing a 3/8" long sleeve on an adjustable wire and securing via an existing screw on the jet orifice assembly. It guides the gas to the burn
er tube. An hour fix. AC pwr above 5500' - that's why so many use those dumb loud generators all day.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote