Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 04:46 PM   #1
vampress_me

New twist on black tank sprayer issue

So apparently our camper has to put its own spin on a water leak. Instead of the anti-siphon valve breaking and spraying water in the camper while using it, the fitting itself in the convenience center (I think it's called- the place with the hook-ups for fresh water, black tank sprayer, TV hookups, etc) sprung a rather large leak. Hubby screwed on our "black tank" hose to the sprayer attachment back there, turned on the water, and started to clean out the black tank after emptying it. I was messing around by the tires and all of a sudden noticed water leaking from the choroplast in the back. I yelled, and ran to turn off the water. Went into the trailer expecting the worst and found a puddle of water growing from under the kids closet. Towels for soaking up water, a screwdriver for getting into the closet floor to see in the back of the convenience center, and then asking hubby to slowly turn on water again. It sprayed out of the back of the black fitting itself where it comes thru the plastic convenience center wall. The hard pex hose is screwed on tight to the black plastic piece, it's the black piece itself leaking from right where it comes thru the "wall" of the center. And the leak is a real good hard spray. Sigh... The picture shows the fitting. It's the one with the white, hard pex pipe, not any of the flexible hose.

So, one more piece for everyone to check if you see a leak. But, I guess we can't have a totally uneventful camping trip, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	8942  

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Desert185

Just out of curiousity, and perhaps not a contributing issue, but were you using a water pressure reducer?
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
jsmith948

Sorry you had this issue. Hopefully everything will dry out with no damage. My guess would be that the plastic fitting has cracked, possibly under the "B-nut" that secures it to the wall of the convenience center? In any event it lokks like it will be easy to remove and replace. Good luck.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

X2 nice to look into a regulator, if you do not have one. Current camp site water pressure 75 lbs and when checked in a notice was given as to the need for a regulator.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
vampress_me

Yep. Had a regulator on it. Have one for the fresh water and one on this hose too at the splitter off the spigot at the campsite.

I'm hoping it's easy to fix. When we get home I'll take my picture in to the rv dealer and hope they can get me the piece. I was looking out on trekwood.com and didn't see any like it. What we would love to do is figure out a metal fitting for there instead of the cheap plastic it has. I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote