Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
headsup234

Outback 298RE Antenna/TV

We just bought the Outback 298re 2016. We can't get a signal with this new antenna that doesn't move up or down or rotate. The tv seems to be stuck in "scan for channels" mode. Both tv outlets say "no signal". I have the booster on. Our other tt has a tv and the signal is fine. We took that tv into the Outback and it also will not pick up a signal so we know it's not the TV in the Outback. Then we moved the trailer thinking maybe a dead spot. No change. Anybody have similar issues or ideas? Thanks so much. Gene and Carol
headsup234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
Javi

Tow things come to mind...

First... have you checked the TV setup for input... it should be on AIR

And secondly... there will be two cable jacks one for CABLE the other for Antenna if you get nothing on one... try the other.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
bsmith0404

I can't believe he would have to change the cable jacks around, I don't have to on my trailer. But it does sound like something may be disconnected somewhere between the antenna and the TV or there is a switch somewhere not in the right setting. I'm assuming your TV is set for antenna if you are getting a signal in one TT and not the other.

I personally don't have any experience with that type of antenna, but it has to be something real simple and stupid...that's the way it always ends up, then you have a V8 moment.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

If the OP has the correct connections going into and out of the TV set and is not getting any reception, my guess is that the problem lies in the setup procedure. While the procedure might vary slightly from one TV brand to another, there are some common settings and set up steps. They may include SOURCE, TUNER, MENU, SETUP, AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH, AIR(ANTENNA) AND CABLE.

Often, it may take several attempts to "get it right" and if there are no instructions on how to do this, it may take some time and trying by "trial and error".

I don't think it is the type of antenna that is causing the issue - it's the programming of the TV set to receive channels via the antenna (or cable).
Old 05-10-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
bsmith0404

I can see that and normally would agree. The only reason I question/doubt that is the fact that the OP used the same tv in two different trailers and gets reception in one and not the other. That makes me believe he knows how to set up the tv correctly. Stranger things have happened though.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote