Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
PEP49

Hitch recommendation for Bullet 248RKS

I just bought a used Bullet 248RKS and will be towing with a 2013 Silverado Z71 4x4 with the trailering package. Any recommendations for a weight distribution hitch?
PEP49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
dirt33

I use this hitch to pull a Bullet 246. Works great for me, the trailer pulls straight and easy. Not saying this is necessarily "the best hitch ever made", but I am certainly satisfied with it. Very easy to hookup.

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/shop/e2-hitch/
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
I use this hitch to pull a Bullet 246. Works great for me, the trailer pulls straight and easy. Not saying this is necessarily "the best hitch ever made", but I am certainly satisfied with it. Very easy to hookup.

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/shop/e2-hitch/

That's what we use too. Works great and it's pretty easy to use- even for someone as inexperienced as I am!
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
PEP49

Hitch for 248RKS

Thanks for the input. The previous owner is including a hitch with chains, but I would prefer one without. I'll check out the E-2. I towed a 5th wheel back in the early 90's but towing a TT will be a new experience.

Filmtex, thanks for your service. Our time overlapped, I was in the Navy from 1968 - 1974.
PEP49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #5
JimQ

I use the Equalizer hitch for my Bullet 248RKS. Love it. Enjoy your new purchase!!
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:45 AM   #6
tailpipe

I also use the E2 easy to use trailer handles great. I had a Blue Ox and sold it with the last trailer, it is also a great hitch. Both are easy to use and trailer no sway and neither depended on a friction type sway bar which you want to stay away from
tailpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
austex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
I also use the E2 easy to use trailer handles great. I had a Blue Ox and sold it with the last trailer, it is also a great hitch. Both are easy to use and trailer no sway and neither depended on a friction type sway bar which you want to stay away from
To clarify, the E2 hitch does indeed use friction as anti-sway, but it is integral to the weight-bar design, not a separate, add-on device as with some hitches.

Tom
austex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEP49 View Post
Thanks for the input. The previous owner is including a hitch with chains, but I would prefer one without. I'll check out the E-2. I towed a 5th wheel back in the early 90's but towing a TT will be a new experience.

Filmtex, thanks for your service. Our time overlapped, I was in the Navy from 1968 - 1974.
My pleasure-same to you. Where were you stationed. I did most of my time aboard WWII destroyers training reserves in San Diego. We're headed there Saturday to visit our son on HIS destroyer and take a ride later in the week,
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote