Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Kimbrey

Hello from NW (Tacoma)

Hello,
I'm in the market for a 5th wheel. Just started our search actually but both my wife and I are really interested in the Montana 3402 & the 3582 leaning more toward teh 3402. I want the larger shower these two units offer. The wife like the island in the 3582 but we thought the large desk drawer under the entertainment center seemed flimsy at best thus us liking the 3402 better.

We now have a slide in truck camper which I purchased so I could tow a boat and also have a place to sleep in. I bought a larger boat a couple months ago (26' Duckworth) to have something that will handle the ocean safely. I'll be chasing salmon and tuna with it out of Westport Wa so my wife wanted something more comfortable to stay...thus 5th wheel which will cause two trips for me to move the boat and then the trailer but....she will be happy.
Kimbrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Dhuhn

I'm sure which ever one you decide on you will enjoy it.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Ron

to the forum, and as the saying goes, happy wife happy life,
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #4
crash

to the forum,Those boats like yours are nice.Like said Happy wife Happy life
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Kimbrey

We will see what we end up with on a 5th wheel. I'm pounding the heck out of the internet looking at different brands and models. I'm happy my wife wants to be around when I'm off fishing so hopefully we can find a fiver both of will like. She has no interest in the boat and or fish for that matter but likes it that I have such a huge interest in it. Actually I'm a factory trawler captain that fishes in the Bering Sea and Aleutian Island areas and can't get her to eat anything the swims in the sea...go figure. I'm due to rotate back up tomorrow so I'll miss the 4th at home.

I felt I was a the limits or beyond when towing my smaller boat with the truck camper on the truck. Towed good but...
Anyway a new Silverado 3500 Durabax dully will be sitting in the driveway tonight so I'll feel comfortable towing the boat with the camper sitting on the back of the truck. Then the next step will be the fiver when I get home from my rotation.
Kimbrey is offline   Reply With Quote