Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPoke View Post
All I can say, is bring on the heat and humidity!!! What's the saying..."You can always put on more clothes in the winter..." POPPYCOCK !!!

Strip it down, and run N A K E D!!!! If it's still hot a lil spray goes a long way!

I'll take 110 and 95% Humidity, ANYTIME!
You're not serious, I hope! If you like the heat so much, then I guess you would do well in Phoenix or Tuscon. At least there, you wouldn't have the humidity.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #22
SlowPoke

If you're ever up my way, and ya see someone streaking through the campground, IT MIGHT JUST BE ME! roflmbo!

Seriously though, I have considered what you say, but wanna visit there before considering staying permanently....

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
iamrwnut

I have lived in San Diego, Hawaii, Mississippi, Va Beach Va, and all over southern/Mid Michigan. San Diego has great weather year round (60-80 degF) but too expensive, Hawaii is awesome but isolated, Miss very hot and humid in the summer, Michigan 2 weeks of summer and Va, to me, was perfect. Winter starts after Thanksgiving, Golfing mid February, long warm spring, short hot/humid summer, long beautiful fall with color in the trees for a month. In Michigan, when the leaves change to their beautiful fall colors, a strong storm IS coming that will soak the leaves and the wind will strip them bare. So, long story short, souther Va to northern Ga is my sweet spot. Retirement is only 14 years away!!!

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #24
Festus2
Site Team

There seems to be a pattern developing on the forum found in many of the posts from our Michigan members. If you read through all of their posts, you will find the "S" word -----SNOW!

Even at this late date, these folks are still shoveling or hanging around waiting for the white stuff to melt. I detect a sense of isolation amongst them as if they are living alone inside a glass bubble that has its own climate.

Their existence reminds me of this short story by Ray Bradbury, "All Summer in a Day". For those not familiar, it is about a group of school children, who for one day of the year, get to experience summer.

Come to think of it, I think the setting of this story is somewhere in Michigan.

Is it really that bad there?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Festus,

In and around Marquette, they say there's 11 months of winter and 1 month of bad sledding (that's snowmobiles, BTW). Funeral homes stop cemetary services in December and inter those people in May/June when the ground thaws. It's too cold to dig graves, so yeah, Michigan is "a whole 'nother country" in ways far different than Texas. about 75 miles north of us (as the crow flies) they had 6" of snow this past week.

Last year in mid March, we had a big melt and there was virtually no snow on April first. We had an unusually hot summer and it got up to 85 for several days in a row <LOL>. This year, we've still got about 3' of snow/ice in the back yard (where I piled it from clearing the pole barn concrete apron.

3 years ago, the big family camping trip at Higgins Lake (30 miles south of our home) we sat around in sweats and coats with a bonfire for the 4th of July. And, NO we didn't even put the boats in the water that year. It was too cold to go skiing and tubing. I'm hoping this year won't be a repeat of that one, a high of 45 on July 4th just isn't "fair"

We were downstate today, at West Branch the snow was gone and south of there, the fields were clear and many were plowed, North of West Branch, there's still ice and snow in the ditches, many of the fields are holding water because the ground is frozen and there's no absorption. I tried to move dirt around the new pole barn yesterday and about 6" under the mud is ice about 2ft thick, so without dynomite, that project is on hold LOL

It was 76 in Midland today, 100 miles north the high is 58 and 75 miles north of us it's 40. I'd not even want to think of the temps in Thunder Bay, Ontario right now. Maybe that's why all the ducks and geese are overcrowding our lake????? With the airline slowdown, they can't get clearance either due to the hazardous landing conditions

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
lightning79

Still cold and snowy up here, just below freezing, wet and blowing snow today! Gross!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

We had an absolutely beautiful day yesterday, the sun was shining, high was about 6o. I went to town without a coat for the first time since last September. Of course, it was in the back seat of the truck, just in case.

Today is supposed to be another great day. I called about bringing home the trailer, the guy that unlocks the warehouse can't make it today, so tomorrow we should have the trailer home. FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, if the ground would only thaw enough to move dirt

It looks like spring has finally sprung in northern Michigan

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #28
Festus2
Site Team

JRTJH

Mmmmm In a previous post, I mentioned (tongue in cheek) that the first day of Spring in Michigan is May 1st. Seems like I was wrong and it has arrived 2 days earlier than predicted.

Is this you doing the Banana Dance?

Enjoy and be happy.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

A "friend" (I use the term very loosely with him) sent me this picture. He has a habit of rubbing it in every chance he gets.... Yes, he is from the UP, but he lives in Hawaii and more times than not, seems to enjoy making sure I know how "WARM" it is there. I suppose I could remind him that the islands are really too small for an RV, so maybe he's not in paradise after all LOL

Anyway, I've never seen this happen in the Upper Harbor at Marquette, but it is the home of NMU, and college kids will do most anything, so it wouldn't suprise me to see something like this up there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MARQUETTE UPPER HARBOR.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2959  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #30
MarkS

Sigh, another foot is on it's way. Where is global warming when you need it?

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
SAABDOCTOR

But it's a dry heat!! yeh right hot is hot i'll take the cold any day! just don't need the WHITE STUFF!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
iamrwnut

WooHoo!! 75 degf, trailer in the Drive Way. YAY. Water pressure check good to go.... Hot Water good to go...... Furnace good to go..... Beer cooler (Fridge) good to go.... Tanks holding water good to go.... I LOVE warm weather.....

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
mikell

I have recently found keeping carbonated beverages in the fridge on long trips is not such a good thing flavor wise. I now use an ice chest for such things not to mention the cans leave rings on the shelves after only few hundred miles. The old Ice chest is still mans second best friend
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #34
CUFFS054

We had a kinda mild winter in mid to south GA. BUT we went from drought conditions for years to a surplus rainfall of 10" so far this year and I swear it's all been on the weekends. Oh yeah, rain predicted for this upcoming weekend!
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote