Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
lightning79

Anybody else have terrible weather??

Hello friends,

Does anybody else wish a real spring would arrive, or is it just me? I'm in Canada, albeit up north, but still, there's still big snowbanks around, it's 1 degree C today, and I really want my camping season to get going!

This is terrible!

Kevin
Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Paddler

Talking

Brother Kevin, I feel your pain....it pretty bad here too, 79F and cloudy!!!!! Yeah, I'm going to regret this post when hurricane season starts, but until then...
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
wgb1

Hate to tell you this, but low 70s and sunshine this weekend. Just finished mowing the back yard........for the second time. Been bike riding the past month or so, bike shorts and short sleeve jersey. While you're suffering, we're enjoying fantastic weather, but wait until August. We'll be suffering with 100 degrees+ and high humidity and wondering to ourselves if it will ever end. LOL!!

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
outlaw

I do lightening, since I got back up here from FL the weather has been rainy, cold, snowing or all three in the same day. Supposed to be 22F tonight and soon as it gets above 60 for a week I am outta here camping. I am right where NH, VT, and PQ meet on the Connecticut River.
Being from central Texas I know what heat and humidity are and my place in FL is the same way. JUL/AUG/SEP are just miserable, and that is why I have my place up here where I usually stay May-Oct.
Jim

Jim & Rosa Marshall
Jager (German Shepherd)
2012 Toyota Tundra
2006 Keystone Laredo 308GR
2017 Keystone Hideout 28BHS
outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
lightning79

Paddler, you're killing me, I wish I was in Florida right now, I really wanna go to Disney World (I love the haunted house!) Of course, a visit to Texas and a KOA there sounds pretty awesome too!

79 sounds pretty good to me!

Outlaw, I've been seeing that all over the northern U.S. it's been like that. Time for a change!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
iamrwnut

The laying snow is gone in Mid-Michigan, but it is 15-20 degf below average.. EVERY &%*# DAY. We should be at 60 during the day.... it is 35 now. Michigan is mostly uninhabitable. (until it's 70, then it is a beautiful state.... and then we get ready for another 10 months of misery)

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

iamrwnut,

Just 100 miles north of you it was 28 for the high today, snow flurries all day long, low tonight in the mid teens and more tomorrow. BUT "they" say a warming trend is "just around the corner" I'm thinking it must be one "hellofa" corner <sigh> This time last year we were on the lake, marking walleye for opening a couple weeks from now. This year, there's still 18" of "rotten ice" on the lakes around here.

2 weeks ago we were in Marlette for a funeral and the snow was pretty much gone from all the fields south of West Branch. North of there, it was like "TEXAS" ... You know, a "whole 'nother country" I'm thinking the "frozen wasteland"

I see from the number of members/guests that have been signed in most of today, at least some people are getting a chance to break away from the winter "holes" and take advantage of the weekend. I'm hoping we get that chance pretty soon.....

Kevin, Hang in there and keep the faith. "Our time will come" as the old song goes......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
davidjsimons

It's turned cold again in Virginia. It was in the mid 60's! You know that I'm kidding. I'm sure those of you up North will have no sympathy for us down here when the forecast is hazy , hot and humid, highs of 100+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
It's turned cold again in Virginia. It was in the mid 60's! You know that I'm kidding. I'm sure those of you up North will have no sympathy for us down here when the forecast is hazy , hot and humid, highs of 100+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am in northwestern GA and we hit 35 last night for the low. 55 today and the wind was howling. As David said, you northerners will be laughing at us when the summer gets here and it unbearable.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

David, The last time we visited our son in Raleigh, was in July, 2 years ago. We had the AC cranked up to "OVERLOAD" and we were parked under an old oak in the shade. Even then, the only "treat" inside that RV was opening the reefer door to get another cool one. So, here's hoping it warms up here, cools down there and we all get some camping in before the season ends

You're right, the "hundreds" are not fun "down there" 100% humidity, 100* temps and 100 straight days of "wilt" Nope, As much as I'd "rather not" this, Avoiding that makes it seem worthwhile to "endure" this LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
chartrand

I feel the pain, Michigan is cold as well, and I have this brand new travel trailer I'm just itch-en to use.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
lightning79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
iamrwnut,

Just 100 miles north of you it was 28 for the high today, snow flurries all day long, low tonight in the mid teens and more tomorrow. BUT "they" say a warming trend is "just around the corner" I'm thinking it must be one "hellofa" corner <sigh> This time last year we were on the lake, marking walleye for opening a couple weeks from now. This year, there's still 18" of "rotten ice" on the lakes around here.

2 weeks ago we were in Marlette for a funeral and the snow was pretty much gone from all the fields south of West Branch. North of there, it was like "TEXAS" ... You know, a "whole 'nother country" I'm thinking the "frozen wasteland"

I see from the number of members/guests that have been signed in most of today, at least some people are getting a chance to break away from the winter "holes" and take advantage of the weekend. I'm hoping we get that chance pretty soon.....

Kevin, Hang in there and keep the faith. "Our time will come" as the old song goes......
I'll be keeping the faith, at least I'm a teacher up north and my trailer is far away, so I can't see it sitting there, looking lonely for me!

On a completely different note, I love love love your fifth wheel, that's the one I'd like to get next, and I think it'd be a good match for my TV.

Kevin
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Cougarfamily

We could be havin' some nice spring days here if it weren't for the darn wind. It has been blowing for the better part of 2 weeks. I think Arizona is trying to relocate itself by blowing into New Mexico. I have lived here since '01, and I can't recall ever seeing the sky look so dark due to all the sand and dust! One morning on the way to work, I thought it was foggy since it had cooled down a lot, but it was actually still the dust hanging in the air.

Made the mistake of waxing the camper last weekend. Now there is a layer of dust sticking to the sides, and you can see the swirls from all of the wiping.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
lightning79

Cougarfamily, that's a shame about the wax. But I really like both your Cougar and your truck, awesome vehicles!

Kevin
Old 04-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #15
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
It's turned cold again in Virginia. It was in the mid 60's! You know that I'm kidding. I'm sure those of you up North will have no sympathy for us down here when the forecast is hazy , hot and humid, highs of 100+. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here in central NC..
I think the humidity is whats so bad around here in the late summer.. go camping that time of year and its so bad its not enjoyable. We go to the mountains if we do camp to miss the humidity.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
Jca3

late spring

Yes it's been quite the year. Here in Northern Utah it is below normal temps most days. Still freezing in the low 20's. We have been out twice this spring, the first to southern Utah in March for a week. We had to dig 2 foot ice piles to get it out of the driveway and it dripped water from the ice on the roof for 2 days. Then 3 weeks ago to Bear Lake which was still iced over, but the campground was clear. We have put antifreeze in both times when we returned home. We drain the water, but at 18 to 22 at night it is cheaper than a busted elbow on a pipe. Been there done that twice with our old RV in Nebraska.

Heading out again this week supposed to be 60 and hope not to buy the antifreeze again. Looking forward to the Oregon Coast and Northern Cal soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
KJcachers

Below normal temps here in Virginia. Of course when summer truly hits I will be wishing for these 60 degree days
Old 04-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

16F was the low last night, right now it's 52F. I "thought" I'd get started on that driveway at the polebarn, so I jumped on the tractor and headed over. The first bucket I tried to move, I hit ice. Tried several other places, all ice about 5" down, so now, I'm back at the house, tractor in the barn, road graded, and nothing even close to level over at the pole barn..... Maybe next week? Oh well, at least we can fire up the grill tonight and do something outside, even if it's only chicken or steak. YIPPEEE Maybe spring has sprung ??? Of course the low for tonight is supposed to be 21F... But heck, that's an improvement over last night

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #19
SlowPoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
Same here in central NC..
I think the humidity is whats so bad around here in the late summer.. go camping that time of year and its so bad its not enjoyable. We go to the mountains if we do camp to miss the humidity.
randy

All I can say, is bring on the heat and humidity!!! What's the saying..."You can always put on more clothes in the winter..." POPPYCOCK !!!

Strip it down, and run N A K E D!!!! If it's still hot a lil spray goes a long way!

I'll take 110 and 95% Humidity, ANYTIME!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Cougarfamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning79 View Post
Cougarfamily, that's a shame about the wax. But I really like both your Cougar and your truck, awesome vehicles!

Kevin
It is all good. According to the forecast, it should be taking a shower Tuesday. You also have an awesome vehicle combination! I haven't had the chance to drive a 6.7 CTD, but we were happy with our '06 5.9.

2005 F-250 PSD 4X4 SWB
2012 Cougar 328QBS
B&W Companion hitch
Cougarfamily is offline   Reply With Quote