Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Kellykakes

Raptor Living Room Slideout

We took our brand new Raptor 300 out on its maiden voyage last weekend and when we arrived at our site and got all set up we noticed the living room slideout damage the shelving below the TV. Apparently they banged together during the drive and dented/splintered the wood. Anyone else have this happen? Tips on what we should do?
Kellykakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
duramax

that is horrible for what these things cost, I would definately contact dealer to fix, something with the slide needs adjusted and would think they would have saw it. I dont know the proper motion on these slides but mine seems strange sometimes extending and retracting.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
crash

Sounds like the slide needs adjusting if its under warrenty I would take it back to them and make them take care of that and the damage you have.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

According to the Keystone Owner's Manual, slide adjustment is only covered during the first 90 days. I'm not sure how long you've had your Raptor, but you might want to notify the dealer soon if you're getting close to that 90 day window.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
rnkburg

Trying to picture this. Did it rip the cabinet doors under the tv? Mine had a bad latch and I had to zip tie the cabinet handles together so they wouldnt pop open

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Kellykakes

Not a bad latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkburg View Post
Trying to picture this. Did it rip the cabinet doors under the tv? Mine had a bad latch and I had to zip tie the cabinet handles together so they wouldnt pop open

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The shelf that sticks out under the TV and the side of the slide (when closed) line up with damage. Sounds like it may be a slide adjustment issue. I am dreading taking it back to the dealer. They are having some serious personnel issues which have caused them to fall way behind in the service dept. I will take a photo this weekend so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
Kellykakes

Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
According to the Keystone Owner's Manual, slide adjustment is only covered during the first 90 days. I'm not sure how long you've had your Raptor, but you might want to notify the dealer soon if you're getting close to that 90 day window.
I appreciate your tip. We will get it to the dealer ASAP.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Kellykakes

Here is a picture...

I hope the file attaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykakes View Post
The shelf that sticks out under the TV and the side of the slide (when closed) line up with damage. Sounds like it may be a slide adjustment issue. I am dreading taking it back to the dealer. They are having some serious personnel issues which have caused them to fall way behind in the service dept. I will take a photo this weekend so you can see what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raptor living room.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2848  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #9
janetsamayoa
Permanent User Ban

Whatever had to happen had already been. So worrying would go in vein. Somehow everything has to be made correct again. Contacting the dealer is the best option suggested above already.
janetsamayoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, raptor, slideout