Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
ctpd814

Wisconsin Dells

We are considering going to the Wisconsin Dells. Has anyone been there recently? We have a 38' 5er. The cg must have good wifi. Any suggestions?
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Mmcgrath

We stayed at Stand Rock Campground last summer. Close enough to the attractions but far enough away from all the crowds. Don't recall having any issues with the wifi.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
campingcpl

We stayed at Sherwood Forest last summer. Some of their sites are nice size and fairly easy to get into. The cg is close enough to town that you can walk and close to several attractions. It's pretty quiet there but can be pretty busy on holiday weekends. Didn't use the wifi so couldn't tell you how good it is.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
wildflowerz

We stayed at the KOA for two days and enjoyed it. I don't recall any wifi problems and their laundry room was the best I've ever seen.
wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
Jim W

We just left Wisconsin Dells on Monday after 4 nights at Sherwood Forest campgrounds. Would I go back to that campground again NO!!

The campground is now being operated by the children of the original owners and there is no pride of ownership any more. The staff is rude and none responsive to health issue such as human waste in the pool area and pool; my wife had to track down the maintenance manager to get any action. The roadways are very narrow; sites are small trying to maximize the number of campers. Noise control is a thing of the past, load music that could be heard over the barking dogs with no owner’s in-site of the dogs. The garbage bins where over full-on Thursday and by Monday it was worst. The where numerous families camping on the same camp site either in tents or tents and a trailer where there should have been just one family to a site. For $50 (full hook- ups) a night I think the campground should have been run a little better than this.

We did find another campground called Stand Rock on County Road N 2 ½ miles from the Wisconsin Dells, which seem to be nice and will run for the same price. If we every go back to the Dells I would stay at this campground.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
campingcpl

Jim,
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience there. Ours on the other hand was just the opposite. We arrived a day earlier then our reservations. When we knew we were going to be there earlier then we had planed I called them to see if we would be able to get in or not (it was a holiday weekend). The person I talked to on the phone was very nice and said that they would find something for us. When we arrived that night and I went into the office the people in the office were very helpful and friendly. They were able to get us into an electric & water site for the night. They even discounted the site for us and gave us a discount on our full hook-up site we had reserved. They told us that a lot of people will be checking out the next morning and that we could have our pick of the site we wanted and told us just to come into the office and let them know which site we took. We went to the pool once but wasn't for long and it seemed to be clean and well kept. The restrooms and showers were a little dirty when we went in to use them but they hadn't been in to clean them yet as everyone was checking out. I would agree with you that the roads are pretty narrow but we didn't have much of a problem getting around. As for the sites being small ours was large enough for our 30' trailer our truck and we still had room to park another full size truck behind our trailer. Most of the pull throughs are pretty good size. We did see that a lot of the back in sites closer to the front of the park are small.

Again I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience and I'm surprised things can change that much in less then a year.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Jim W

I normally do not complain about camp grounds too much since I know that it is very difficult to please everyone. Also one person likes are sometime someone else dislikes; but even when a seven year old complains about the barking dogs you know it is loud. This weekend was a pet parade and the park was full of most dog breeds which was OK with us. But I do not think the owners should lock their dog in the camper and leave them in there for several hours while they left the campground and they barked whenever anyone walked by.

As far as the other issue this was caused by one large group of campers who had several young children and where not supervised at all. In fact when they left on Sunday, the maintenance staff need to clean up the camp site that took them several hours to clean up. I was taught that you always left the camp site cleaner than you found it and I have passed this on to my children and grand kids.
Just my rant; sorry.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
yeabuddy

Not sure about wifi but Holiday Shores was nice. They have pull through FHU sites but the water and electric ones on the cliffs overlooking the Wisconsin River are much nicer if you can do without sewer.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
Laredo291OH

We stayed at Baraboo Hill campground 2 summers ago. It was very nice also. Seems that it had a decent wifi.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
FlyingBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcgrath View Post
We stayed at Stand Rock Campground last summer. Close enough to the attractions but far enough away from all the crowds. Don't recall having any issues with the wifi.
I'll second this recommendation! We've stayed at Stand Rock several times, in a tent and in our old pop-up too. The sites don't provide a lot of privacy, but there is plenty of space in-between them (IMO). The wi-fi worked just fine, the free coffee is good, and the bathroom is one of the nicest I've seen at a campground. Close enough to everything without being in the middle of it it all.
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Disney Obsessed!
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote