Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
jimmie2gunns

Smile New camping couple

My wife and I picked up our new Outback 260 FL 2 weeks ago and can't wait for the weather to warm so we can try it out. This will be our first camper experience. We are looking forward to traveling and seeing the country together. TV is a 2001 F250 7.3 diesel,,,, for now. Looking for a new truck next spring to compliment our new home away from home. I've enjoyed reading comments and tips on this forum.
jimmie2gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
davidjsimons

Welcome. It's great to have you aboard. I'm sure you will get plenty of pleasure and use out of your new Outback. Spring is just around the bend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

jimmie2gunns -
Good morning and welcome to the forum. My wife tells me that there are Snow Drops, daffodils and crocuses showing up in our (or her) garden so I think that means Spring and camping are approaching.

Glad to have you with us and hope you continue to be an active member of our group. If you have questions, don't be shy....... just ask. There are plenty of helpful, friendly people here who are always willing to assist.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
cokerman

congratulations on the new camper..

where we live the f-250 7.3 is held in high esteem.....doubt if you will even know you are pulling a camper......wish i still had mine.
we started camping at age 59 and have loved every minute. yes there is a learning curve like anything else but it's a fun experience.
my wife started keeping a camping journal five years ago and it's fun to reflect on all the sights and adventures along the way.
enjoy the heck out of it.
cokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
jimmie2gunns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerman View Post
where we live the f-250 7.3 is held in high esteem.....doubt if you will even know you are pulling a camper......wish i still had mine.
we started camping at age 59 and have loved every minute. yes there is a learning curve like anything else but it's a fun experience.
my wife started keeping a camping journal five years ago and it's fun to reflect on all the sights and adventures along the way.
enjoy the heck out of it.
Love my 7.3, it's bulletproof. Unfortunately the rest of the truck has body rot and things are starting to break. Just time for a new one. I retire later this year and look forward to making memories with my wife.

2013 Outback 260 FL
2001 F250 7.3
jimmie2gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
TAZ23

Congrats on the new camper. You certainly have enough truck to pull it until you can upgrade. We looked at that model last year and really liked the layout and room in the rear bedroom. Enjoy your new Outback and I hope it is as trouble free as mine has been.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
fla-gypsy

Y'all will have a blast, enjoy!