Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2022, 04:58 AM   #1
Sam46

Manual slide over ride 2021 Bullet 34ripr

My 2021 Keystone Bullet Premier 34RIPR was flooded during hurricane Ian, and all my paperwork (owner's manual) has been destroyed. My question is, how do I crank out my slides manually? Any quick response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sam46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:05 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your loss. What type of slide mechanism? If it’s cable then there is an override tool you use with a drill at the motor/gearbox above the slide.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:10 AM   #3
jasin1

Yes sorry to hear about that
I can tell you if it’s flooded with saltwater then you may as well let insurance deal with it because every circuit board and electric system will be compromised from the corrosive salt water. Even your brakes on the trailer will seize up if you don’t move the trailer soon. I was in a bad hurricane and any vehicle in our neighborhood that went under was totaled if it reached the fuse panel. Had bikes in my shed that all the wheels locked up after a few days of being in the water

Nothing is worse then saltwater for electric and mechanical things

I wouldn’t buy any used trailers or trucks in the next year without an extensive survey ….people will be selling hurricane vehicles up north with hidden problems
Old 10-03-2022, 05:13 AM   #4
Sam46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your loss. What type of slide mechanism? If it’s cable then there is an override tool you use with a drill at the motor/gearbox above the slide.
Thank you for your timely response. I think it is a cable system. I vaguely remember the dealer showing us a crank handle. It has three slides, and I need to know how to access each. We are traveling to our RV resort in Ft. Myers this week to salvage what we can. Thanks.
Sam46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:03 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

If it's a cable system you should have something that appears to be like a silver flexible shaft, maybe a foot? long, with a hex looking end on it. I've got one for each slide.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:37 AM   #6
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
If it's a cable system you should have something that appears to be like a silver flexible shaft, maybe a foot? long, with a hex looking end on it. I've got one for each slide.
My Bullet has the gearbox/motor mounted above the slide and behind the facia. You will need extra long extensions to reach the end of the gearbox and perhaps 1-inch pvc pipe to stabilize your extension tools. I haven't tried it yet, but I did remove the facia to check it out. It does not look fun. Get a step stool...
Old 10-04-2022, 07:10 AM   #7
dutchmensport

If you have a cable driven system, here's what you need to do. What the video.

Tags
bullet, slide