Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #21
DarkElf

I have a Lippert 3.0 electrical system so this may not apply - I'm no expert on any of this stuff.
But in an effort to try to help and perhaps help another reading this if not you, I want to share this information:

My auto-level kept timing out and after trying a number of things I finally called Lippert and spoke to a tech there.
She suggested I follow the wiring back to the main bank of wires and check all connections to be sure they are tight.
Doing that I found a few loose ones.
After tightening them up ... the problem went away.

Hope this helps someone out there if not you.
DarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:11 PM   #22
LewisB

Anti-stiction fluid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyh83 View Post
New to me 2017 Raptor with hydraulic auto level. Unit auto levels but gives a jack timeout error at the end. What should I check? Brand new to fifth wheels and an auto level system. New batteries, plugged in to shore power. Fluid level is in the middle of the tank with all jacks down.
It didn't make much sense, but as John suggested, at first we seemed to get occasional errors on our 2018 Raptor that seemed like "air in the system" possibilities. I followed the attached Lippert bulletin and the errors all seemed to go away. Our system has been working flawlessly since doing this. Might be worth a try...

Our system is pretty sensitive to being just a little low on fluid. You mentioned "fluid level in the middle of the tank with all jacks down." You might try retracting (raising up) all jacks and verifying your fluid level is at the "full" mark on the tank. The procedure is outlined in your Level-Up literature.

Lippert bulleting on Anti-Stiction Fluid:
Lippert_TI-191_adding-anti-stiction-fluid-to-hydraulic-systems.pdf

Good luck.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:31 AM   #23
Bobbyh83

Late update in case someone comes here through a search. Pulled out a quart of fluid and added fork oil. Ran the jacks up and down several times, I could hear the system pulling air when at the top or retract. Once it sounded better I unhooked it from the truck a Viola auto level works.
Bobbyh83 is offline   Reply With Quote